Selecting multiple notes

Is there a way in the Android version to select multiple notes as in the web/windows version for bulk moving, tagging, deleting? Pretty sure it used to work in the legacy version of Android.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The Mobile client can’t load more than one note at a time. This stops it from executing all multiple note operations.

It is not possible either to open the client several times, even on devices with explicit multitasking abilities, like iPads.

You can try to open the web client, at least on tablets. If it won’t allow it, try to „use the desktop version“ of the browser on the tablet.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The Mobile client can’t load more than one note at a time. This stops it from executing all multiple note operations.

It is not possible either to open the client several times, even on devices with explicit multitasking abilities, like iPads.

You can try to open the web client, at least on tablets. If it won’t allow it, try to „use the desktop version“ of the browser on the tablet.

Thanks for your feedback.

I use a Chromebook so the web version is my usual platform for Evernote (Unfortunately the Chromebook I have just purchased won't run the Linux Beta version of Evernote but that's another issue). I use the Android version when I have to work offline, there are places where I work where I can't get an internet connection. I can live with the lack of the multi-select feature on the Android version but having used it on the legacy Android version - where it was possible to select notes and batch move them - I thought I had just missed the option somewhere on version 10.x. You have confirmed what I thought, that it's not possible anymore. 

Evernote has done a reasonable job of making the Android version Chromebook compatible, enabling using the app in mobile or full screen mode, complete with keyboard shortcuts. My Chromebook is a Lenovo Duet with a detachable keyboard so I can use it in tablet mode. The web version works just as well in tablet mode on my device so I don't have a problem using that, as long as I can get an internet connection. I just need to make sure that I've synced to the Android version ready for offline use when needed.

• 7 months later...

this  is a najor setback and one reason we didn't want the v10. we used to be able to select a single note using a common method in countless other apps (press, hold, circle comes up, check all that you want to select ) then could copy note link tag delete move...... now its terrible! many many more steps to perform that function on one note, let alone nultiple! basic functions are now hidden. i may never get my note WORK done at this rate sooooooo time consuming

please get us simple basic select note function (on main menu and in searches too!!!)