Photos of recipes are sideways...

I've been using Evernote for a very long time and this is an old issue that has yet to be resolved. The issue is that when I take a photo of something (usually a recipe) and import it into Evernote, it will appear sideways. So I go into Edit & Annotate and fix it. At least is appears in the note fixed but when I view it in Card list, (and also in Snippet view) it is still sideways. Is there a way to fix this? Can the tech team there fix this issue? It drives my OCD crazy! Thank you for reading this...image.thumb.png.812c9de6de24b4f10c10bd0ee1d9d977.png

• Level 5*

AFAIK Evernote is simply following the metadata in the image as to which way is up.  If you're correcting that and saving the result,  the orientation should stay fixed.  Have you tried an external editor?

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this issue oder question is related to this longterm issue / feature-request regarding thumbnail-selection:

The rotated, wrong orientated thumbnail wich initially and automatically was selected by EN doesn't update, when the source-file in note body file is edited. (There might be a thumbnail-copy stored deep in the cache-system for header data. This probably is one reason for not delivering this long asked feature...) 

As result the picture will not be updated and replaced as long as there is any possible-to-display attachement left.

As solution try saving all pics or pdf temorarily, delete pics and pdf from note, wait until server has synced (and removed thumbnail) and apply media in order to display.
-- I know this is not a "solution" for daily use, but looking for the above mentioned long time request I wouldn't count on a nother  near solution.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The assumption is correct - the thumbnail won’t update itself if the underlying full picture is modified.

The only way is to correct the image, then create a new note, and then copy all content from the old note into the new one. This will trigger a new thumbnail creation.

12 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

new thumbnail creation.

this can as well be triggered as written above by emptying, waiting and refilling, at least with v10.

Logic and behavior with Legacy is different. There thumbnail seems to be fix part of local header data and will come back even when you delete all images and attachments to display and wait for vanishing thumbnail.