10.59.5 Issues

(1) cannot search for anything - hitting the search button does nothing

(2) everything takes forever; especially creating a new note.  

Would you please provide the ability to roll back.   We no longer have to option to delay installing new versions.  

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Yes, it's really crappy.

If you roll back, you need to modify 2 .json files to prevent it to auto-update again right away.

Personally I use the iOS version more these days. Not the same, but for most of what I do it's OK.

Once I auto-upgraded to 10.59.5 on Windows 10.  As far as I can tell, Tag-based search has some serious bug, is basically broken.  The "Filter-by-tag" option on a note tag no longer works, and selecting a tag in the Search box also seems broken / non-responsive.  This is a very basic bug.  I've used Evernote on Windows for 10 years and made no other recent changes to my system.  I'm very confident this is a bug.  Thanks.  Fraser

• Evernote Expert

As you could see, these issues are reported in multiple threads and many other users would concur that these are bugs that arrived with verion 10.59.5 of the software.

We await 10.60 which is anticipated for next week. Whether all the issues will be resolved we do not know.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fraserstreet said:

Once I auto-upgraded to 10.59.5 on Windows 10.  As far as I can tell, Tag-based search has some serious bug, is basically broken.  The "Filter-by-tag" option on a note tag no longer works, and selecting a tag in the Search box also seems broken / non-responsive.  This is a very basic bug.  I've used Evernote on Windows for 10 years and made no other recent changes to my system.  I'm very confident this is a bug.  Thanks.  Fraser

10.59.5 has been a disaster for many of us on so many levels, but especially for tag users. Generally I find that clicking a tag twice in either the side bar or the tag filter works reasonably reliably. Searching for tags in the main search field or using the pop up from a tag in a note are both best avoided!

• Like 3

I'm complaining about the same search issue - a Search funtion which literally no longer works - nada, nothing. 

In addition, I've thought it very inconvenient that in order to do an "everywhere" search I must first drop down and click on any one of the Notebooks before initiating the search. Otherwise it only searches the Notebook engaged. For my purposes, I'd prefer the search always do an "everywhere", 

Along with the general problems with Search being totally broken, I also often get the pop-up error shown below.  "Check Point" is whatever notebook I was searching into at the moment.  This is new and I assume related.  I have similar problems using the web version.  This is a super serious issue - how in the world did this make it thru QA?  I use Evernote in pretty generic ways, so it's not as if I have some oddball use case.  But I use it all day long.  Do we know if Evernote Support has acknowledged this issue?  How widespread is it?

image.png.2db4a420a07a32ceaaa865c4ded6c5b2.png

• Evernote Expert

This is widely reported. We're expecting a version release early next week. I'm anticipating that this particular issue of the many 10.59.5 issues will receive attention.

We'll see. Meanwhile, when searching start in all Notes. Search. Then in the results filter for the particular notebook and tags.