Scratch pad issues

Joeee

Idea

My scratch pad keeps on duplicating the text inside when I jump from one device (e.g. iPad) to another (e.g. PC). Almost daily! 

Either the text is duplicated inside the ScratchPad or two versions of Scratch Pad exist and one have to choose which to keep

Anyone else?

Please fix, thank you

regards

gianluca

• Like 1

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5

As you may know these are basically user-to-user forums, so none of us is able to fix this. For support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Regarding the scratch pad, are you attempting to store information in it and sync it to Evernote on other devices? That's really now not what it's meant for, as I understand it, and that could be the cause of the problem.

Same thing has been happening to me for the past couple of weeks and it's very annoying. The scratch pad is meant to work and it always has in the past until recently. I tried to report this on the Evernote website and it is saying that their troubleshooting website is Temporarily unavailable. I hope Evernote getting bought out by another company hasn't left the support staff gutted and leading to poor product support.

-Karl

Evernote Down.docx

On 8/2/2023 at 6:11 PM, Karl K said:

Same thing has been happening to me for the past couple of weeks and it's very annoying. The scratch pad is meant to work and it always has in the past until recently. I tried to report this on the Evernote website and it is saying that their troubleshooting website is Temporarily unavailable. I hope Evernote getting bought out by another company hasn't left the support staff gutted and leading to poor product support.

-Karl

Evernote Down.docxUnavailable

Evernote is clearly going down a slope as product. Send feedback doesn't work anymore, no way to communicate with them a new bug every release

A real pity. It used to be, and it's still when working around the bugs, an incredibly good tool...

G

• Level 5
On 8/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, Karl K said:

Same thing has been happening to me for the past couple of weeks and it's very annoying. The scratch pad is meant to work and it always has in the past until recently.

Welcome to the forums. Can you say more about what's going wrong with the scratch pad? I don't use it very much, but my impression is that it is meant for grabbing quick thoughts, which can be converted to notes before long, rather than for long-term information storage. I just tried, and a scratch pad does sync between Web client and Windows desktop app, but I don't know for how long.

2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums. Can you say more about what's going wrong with the scratch pad? I don't use it very much, but my impression is that it is meant for grabbing quick thoughts, which can be converted to notes before long, rather than for long-term information storage. I just tried, and a scratch pad does sync between Web client and Windows desktop app, but I don't know for how long.

Exactly it's meant for that. But I expect writings could last few hours/days without duplicating when switching to iPad (that is the case)

• Like 1

Thank you PinkElephant for directing me to the in App support ticket method. I got a reply back saying that this is a known issue and that they are working on it. Here was  a portion of their official response.

"Upon checking, I can confirm that we are currently aware of this issue, and our development team is currently working on a fix. Although I don't yet have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it as quickly as possible. I know that this does not immediately correct this issue that is interrupting your workflow, and I appreciate your help in reporting this."

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Karl K said:

Thank you PinkElephant for directing me to the in App support ticket method. I got a reply back saying that this is a known issue and that they are working on it. Here was  a portion of their official response.

"Upon checking, I can confirm that we are currently aware of this issue, and our development team is currently working on a fix. Although I don't yet have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it as quickly as possible. I know that this does not immediately correct this issue that is interrupting your workflow, and I appreciate your help in reporting this."

ok, good news they know at least. I sent them tons of issues, some quite blocking for me. They know of each and everyone now... let's wait and thanks to PinkElephant for the link

2 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

I have had two small items on my Scratchpad for a couple of months, these get updated fairly regularly as they are just memory jogs, they sync with my other devices with no problems.

I made a number of tests this morning and the issue is the iPad. When opening EN app on iPad if the scratch pad has been modified lastly using my PC it gets duplicated. Almost always. 

I told EN techs... let's see if they can do something

bye

• Like 1