Suddenly unable to access notebooks on MAC

Katie from SD

Idea

I have Evernote Plus;  I have a MAC PC.  Today when I tried to open and search a notebook, I received the following message "Permission Lost You no longer have access to 01 Pictures Notebook".  I received this message for all of my notebooks.  I do not share my notebooks with anyone and my subscription is paid.   I can access and search my notebooks on my IPAD and iPhone.   For a variety of reasons, I prefer to use my MAC PC when access Evernote.  Any ideas/suggestions on how to access my notebooks on my PC?

• Thanks 1

10 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

It is a bug that some users are experiencing in v10.59.5

I hear that some have chosen to roll back to the previous release until a new version arrives - probably early next month.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Do you still have the 10.58.8 dmg file in your downloads folder?  If you do, then you have what you need.  Did you move the location of your data with 10.59.  If you didn't then 10.58.8 should install over your current version fine.  If you have moved the data location, then either move it back to the default location, or probably even better, uninstall it all with something like AppCleaner first, and then install 10.58.8.

• Evernote Expert

If you work through the App Store then you are stuck with whatever version it has upgraded you to.  In general the App Store versions are prone tochallenges because they run inside a sandbox.  You could uninstall the App Store version and switch to the direct download.  You'd still need to locate a repository online which could provide the 10.58 version for Mac.  Otherwise you have to enjoy the current store version.

• Thanks 1