(Small) Android bug

For the last couple of weeks, I had a new bug on my two Android devices (S6 tablet, Note 20 phone).

Let's say I did not touch Evernote for a couple of hours. If I use the Evernote clipper ("sharing" feature) on any web page, a red window will briefly appears (but i won't have time to read the message on this red screen). And then i will be back on the page I was trying to clip. Nothing happened.

Each and every time, I will have to switch to Evernote, close it and re-open it. Then go back to the page i was trying to share. Then I will be able to share it with Evernote.

Not a catastrophe, just weird and time consuming.

• Level 5

This has been described at some length in other threads already.

You need to update to EN Android 10.52 (or eben 10.52.1) to get a fix delivered. 10.52 should be available now on the PlayStore - however there were users reporting here they are still missing it.

Please note that I started having this issue about a month ago (roughly) when I try to share anything to Evernote on my Android phone or Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android) it flashes a red error message so quickly that I cannot read it either.  Please note that I have tried to log out of the Evernote App and back into it but this continues.  Secondly,  on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, tablet, when I attempt to share to Evernote, it says "File Permissions Required".

Any direction you can provide would be great.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

Just downloaded it now (UK) I checked 30 mins ago, and it was not available but is now.   

PS Now working normally again.

Thx for the heads-up! For me in The Netherlands the same, both https://evernote.com/download and the Android app-store show the latest update. A few hours ago not.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Install 10.52 and try again.

I apologize,  as I did not provide the version of Evernote that I am running, which I believe is the latest version:

10.58.8-win-ddl-public (4175)
Editor: v172.19.3
Service: v1.69.5
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

If I understand you correctly, are you stating that the older version 10.52 is still available for download and does not have this issue?

Thanks again for your help.

4 hours ago, DMAN01 said:

I apologize,  as I did not provide the version of Evernote that I am running, which I believe is the latest version:

10.58.8-win-ddl-public (4175)
Editor: v172.19.3
Service: v1.69.5
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

If I understand you correctly, are you stating that the older version 10.52 is still available for download and does not have this issue?

Thanks again for your help.

We are talking about an Android bug in this thread. The answer 10.52 applies to an Android version. 10.58.8 you mention is a Windows version, already succeeded by version 10.59.5 on the website currenly (for Windows!).