Is there a Sent Email Log?

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

• Level 5

No. The ability to send something via email doesn’t mean it Is a full email server. Send a copy to your own email address if you need to receive it.

Or better don’t (ab)use a sharing of notes to replace an email setup.

I am sending my emails through the Evernote app or my home computer. I do this because it's the easiest way to send a copy of the note in evernote. I do not use my normal emailing platform which yes it has a scent folder. With Evernote I cannot find a sent folder or any way to find anything I've ever sent apparently it is not available

On 7/14/2023 at 11:52 PM, PinkElephant said:

No. The ability to send something via email doesn’t mean it Is a full email server. Send a copy to your own email address if you need to receive it.

Or better don’t (ab)use a sharing of notes to replace an email setup.

So you are saying do not send emails through the Evernote platform? I cannot figure out an easy way to copy and email an Evernote through my original email platform

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution
2 hours ago, qualityardandhomeamaint said:

So you are saying do not send emails through the Evernote platform? I cannot figure out an easy way to copy and email an Evernote through my original email platform

CC to your Evernote Email address. This is a subscribers feature.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, qualityardandhomeamaint said:

What I said is taken from your original post: You told yourself that you use the email function every month to inform your customers.

This means you are trying a mass mailing action through the EN mail server. If mass mails are send from an address not declared as a legit mass mailer, it can happen that the ISPs will block the sending address as spammer.

This is meant by abuse, and I mean every word of it. One EN mail server serves appr. 10 user accounts. If the address gets blocked, all 10 will be blocked. This is why I name it abuse.

If you want to send mass mails to your customers, use a dedicated mass mailing service (like MailChimp) to do so. Don’t use a private mail account, and don’t use the email forwarding of your EN account.

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Doesn’t look like - mass mailing is say 100 identical mails to recipients, usually BCC to cloak the mailing list.

But still I wouldn’t use EN for this - no log, no confirmation.

I enjoy using Evernote I have used it for years. I had a previous subscriber tell me to just see see myself which does give me a log of my email sent so pretty much I know what to do now

• Like 1
  • Level 5

To get a send folder, use a mail client.

To get a „received“ information, use a mailing service - if you have an embedded button (like click here for our summer promotion), they will even give you stats about openers, clicks, time to open/click etc.

EN is not build to provide any of this.

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, qualityardandhomeamaint said:

I don't need that.  Just want a record of sent emails.

I think the point is that what you are asking for is really a function of an Email service. It isn't available in Evernote because the Email out is intentionally a limited feature. So we can't advise you anything different. Sorry.

I'm definitely at the edge of my competence here, but it seems like you could almost do this or automate it... 

• One thought: simply make a "sent" tag, or a "sent XX" tag where XX is the month - then simply take the extra step of tagging the note right after you've emailed it.  Requires manual intervention but it's pretty simple.  If you want to add a level of organization, when you're done with sending your emails for a given month, you could search for the tag and then move all those notes to whatever folder you would like to put them in.
  • Another thought: create an appropriate folder in the email client associated with your Evernote account, tick the "send me a copy" button, and use the automation capability of your email client to put emails that arrive in your email client from Evernote with a certain word in the subject line (like Invoice) into this folder in your email client.  The info would be in your email client instead of evernote but at least you'd have it. Once you got this set up, it would just happen without any further effort from you.
  • More complicated (and likely I couldn't actually figure out how to execute this myself but I think it's probably possible...): set up a "sent" folder in Evernote, tick the box and use your email client's automation as above, but this time set the automation in the email client to forward that email back to Evernote but using the @foldername syntax in the subject line to direct the email coming back to the correct Evernote folder.

I myself would probably just do the tag thing - it may not be elegant but it's simple and the workflow would add a second or two - and I wouldn't have to muck around for hours trying to get those automation options working.

Good luck!

Vinnie