Move Notes into Archive Folder quickly (Hotkey / Shortcut)

Whats the current way to quickly (Shortcut) move a selected note into the Archive or another custom defined Folder?

In legacy there was the "Move Note to Folder again" function in the Menu.

I assume such basic function must be implemented by now as I hear V10 is as good as the legacy Version by now.

How so you progress / archive large number of Notes?

45 minutes ago, Marcus Gerstmann said:

How so you progress / archive large number of Notes?

You can certainly select multiple notes and then move them into a notebook en masse.

45 minutes ago, Marcus Gerstmann said:

In legacy there was the "Move Note to Folder again" function in the Menu.

This function does not exist in V10. I'm not sure how widely it was used, but I don't recall anybody else mentioning it in the forums. If I needed it, I would write an AutoHotKey script to do it. Unfortunaely I have had to use a few AHK scripts to automate things that were more straightforward in Legacy. (And to be fair introduce some functions that weren't in legacy either)

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Mike P said:

No. 

Actually if you right-click the note on a desktop,  there's a shortcut shown for move - Alt+Shift+M;  and mobile apps have a threedots menu with 'move' as an option...

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Actually if you right-click the note on a desktop,  there's a shortcut shown for move - Alt+Shift+M

Of course, but it doesn't move it into a pre-defined notebook which is what the OP wants.

If I wrote an AHK script it would use Alt+shift+M, then search for the predefined notebook. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, Marcus Gerstmann said:

Whats the current way to quickly (Shortcut) move a selected note into the Archive or another custom defined Folder?

Worth noting that the Trash notebook acts like an Archive provided it isn't emptied. Since this is a manual action it could be used as an Archive if desired.

• Like 1
On 7/6/2023 at 11:47 AM, Mike P said:

If I needed it, I would write an AutoHotKey script to do it.

I actually decided this might be quite useful, so here is the AutoHotKey script in case anybody else is interested. It works with ctrl+shift+m (rather than alt+shift+m which is the EN move shortcut). Obviously change the notebook name from AllMyNotes to the notebook you want notes to go. The script will  not work, as written, if your target notebook name is contained in another notebook name (eg default and my_default). Unfortunately the simple, standard, convention of surrounding with quotation marks does not work. You may be able to optimise the size of the pauses for your system.

^+m::
{
	SetKeyDelay 20
	SendEvent "!+m"
	Sleep 200
	SendEvent "AllMyNotes"
	Sleep 400
	SendEvent "{Down}{Enter}"
}

The script works wherever the EN move shortcut (Alt+shift+m) works. Therefore you can also select several notes from the note list and move them all to your target folder using this Hot Key.

• 6 months later...

I finally 'upgraded' to Ver 10. The convoluted way to move notes to other notebooks is a PITA. Also, the help files posted by EN are wrong. One (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows) lists the 'shortcut' to move notes as 'Ctrl+Shft+M' which does not work on my Win 10 Ver 10.74 computer. The 'Alt+Shft+M' does. 

But having to method is still flawed compared to the Legacy method. Filing is not a fun task but needs to done. EN has turned it into even more time consuming job. Sadly, I have no idea how to implement the 'AutoHotKey' script generously shared by Mike P. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're dealing with a batch of notes that need sorting I'd suggest simply tagging each note with the name of the notebook,  then select a group of notes by tag or by Shift- or Ctrl-click and use the pop-up menu to assign them to the correct notebook and apply any additional tags or remove the notebook one.  Also right-clicking a single note pops up the move option,  as does clicking to the right of the notebook icon in the header or the three dots menu in a single note.  Drag and drop is also an option.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you're dealing with a batch of notes that need sorting I'd suggest simply tagging each note with the name of the notebook,  then select a group of notes by tag or by Shift- or Ctrl-click and use the pop-up menu to assign them to the correct notebook and apply any additional tags or remove the notebook one.  Also right-clicking a single note pops up the move option,  as does clicking to the right of the notebook icon in the header or the three dots menu in a single note.  Drag and drop is also an option.

Thank you for the workarounds. Will give it a try.  But it still seems to be more keystrokes as the legacy version... :( 

• Like 1