How do I view notes by filesize?

• Level 5

You can make the file size show as a column in the notes view panel. Right click on the header, select size.

AFAIK you can’t sort by this column. But usually you can watch out for the biggies.

The better option would be to get a second drive, and install the entire EN database there. You need to use a symlink to do this. There are descriptions in the forum, and about using symlinks in Google.

An option to move the database by settings is under development.

• Like 2

I agree with @PinkElephantthat you can't sort on the column, so it is a matter of scrolling through to find the large notes. I'm guessing that most of your large notes contain attachments, so filtering for those notes that contain attachments might help. You can also filter for specific types of attachments - if you know that you have notes containing large office files for example.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, claynichols2015 said:

(BTW, this is a laptop, so can't install another drive :(

A 2TB USB external hard drive is currently about 80 USD and the Amazon Prime sale starts in a few hours...

• Level 5*

Hi.  File size is visible but not sortable in the Notes list window.  I don't see any benefit to removing empty or small notes as an exercise - by all means deal with them when you see them in normal searches or editing,  but you gain nothing - not even any local hard drive space - by deleting them.