Downgrading from Personal to Basic

If I cancel my plan and allow it to revert to Basic, will I lose the ability for full text search within PDF attachments of existing documents? Not new ones, but ones already indexed. I use Evernote just for automating PDF filing/OCR/search of a few notes a month and the new pricing is absolutely unacceptable. But migrating may take a long time, depending on what alt solution I decide on, so wondering if I can keep my existing notebooks as a sort of archive, and take my time migrating the backfill, while my current workflow cuts over to the new solution.

Thanks

• Level 5

In general all functions that are controlled from the server will react on your account status. The client side software is always the same, but if your account is Free, all services connected to a subscription will stop working, based on the server control. So yes, search in pdfs will stop, since it is a subscribers feature. It doesn’t matter if the pdf was indexed or not, what is stopped is the search function itself.

The positive side is that they begin working by themselves once you subscribe again.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, doni said:

If I cancel my plan and allow it to revert to Basic, will I lose the ability for full text search within PDF attachments of existing documents?

I cancelled at the end of 2021.  I still have legacy around as a backup with my now Basic account.  I just did a search on legacy and Web V10.  Web V10 includes results for text within a PDF. 

Though the results for the same search were 591 on Legacy and 404 on Web v10.  Not surprising to me as local OCR always seemed to work better than server OCR in the day.  Not sure what engine EN is using on the server now.

If you want to test, create a Basic account.  Create a couple of PDFs and OCR one locally before adding to the new account.  Then search via Web V10 and see what you get.

Thanks both, appreciated. Turns out I was able to find the time to export all my notes to another service, so I guess the question is moot, in my case. Thanks for the memories, Evernote. And good luck.

ETA: I’m leaving my content as is so I can check back in three weeks when my old Premium sub expires to see how search performs, just for kicks.

Google Drive. Which obviously isn’t really an Evernote replacement, but for my limited use case which is primarily uploaded attachment storage/OCR/search/retrieval, it works well.