Q1: Moving from EN Legacy to New Version 10.58.5 with all Attachments

When experimenting moving from EN Legacy to New Version 10.58.5 with all attachments the result is that attachments (PDFS, Word, Excel/JPEGs) do not synch over. The note without the attachment is useless.

Please advise if there is a way to move from EN Legacy to New Version 10.58.5 with all attachments.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, MGAmga said:

attachments (PDFS, Word, Excel/JPEGs) do not synch over. The note without the attachment is useless.

Not sure how you're experimenting,  but the way to move from one to the other is simply to install the latest Evernote version for your OS.  Mine is 10.58.8. 

V10 uses a different file structure from Legacy,  so takes a little while to download and install the new database.  While that's happening you might see notes waiting to have their attachments included.

Best advice would be to install the new app and give it an hour or so to set up - how long depends on how many notes and the speed of your network connection.

Thank you.

I did that recently and waited 3 hours but the attachments didn't appear. I also noticed that other were having the same issues as I did some research.

As I use EN extensively and I want to insure the transition goes smoothly, I would very much like to hire an expert to guide the process as I will no doubt have other questions along the way.

By chance, is there some you could direct me to  with whom I cold speak.

• Level 5

Basically all EN clients sync to the same database. They just use a different data structure, since May 2023 the new clients use the RTE syncing method.

EN decided (for unexplained reasons, we think it is to avoid excessive server load) to make the conversion by note, when a note is opened. This meant initially a wait of maybe 30sec-some minutes, with the latest releases for me this dropped to a few seconds.

If you wait longer, something is amiss. In this case contact support.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There are EN Experts listed on the EN website:

https://evernote.com/intl/de/resources/find-an-expert

They are not staff members, but have a long usage of EN, deeper knowledge and are used to help other users. You can search based on language or field of expertise, among other criteria.

Hundred+ of us on there @MGAmga, reach out if you need to