Evernote 10 Is a <Fill-in-the-Blanking> Nightmare

tbbrick
Go to solution Solved by Fredda123,

Idea

I am on Legacy version 6.25 until you guys get your act together on 10.

I'm an Evernote user since 2012, currently paying Personal account.

Wouldn't dream of paying more with this on-going version 10 disaster is occurring.

• Like 1

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, tbbrick said:

I am on Legacy version 6.25 until you guys get your act together on 10.

Or until legacy stops working, which appears will be sooner rather than later.  The choice is yours.  If v10 is untenable for you then I suggest working on a plan B.

2 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Or until legacy stops working, which appears will be sooner rather than later.  The choice is yours.  If v10 is untenable for you then I suggest working on a plan B.

Have you seen something about EN stopping Legacy?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tbbrick said:

Have you seen something about EN stopping Legacy?

Yes, several.  They have been ramping up their upgrade nag screens.  They have stated they are trying hard to migrate users off of legacy.  As they add new features to V10 that aren't supported in legacy, they have to add code to handle that.  And finally, in case you were not aware, they have implemented a new sync technology that only works for V10.  They are currently supporting both technologies.  This is my reading of the tea leaves.  I have no inside information, but as a business, I don't think it makes sense to support both.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Maybe if you could share what device / version of windows you are using,  and give us some specifics on why you think the app is a disaster we might be able to offer more suggestions?  I'm now running the latest version 10.58.8 on a Dell desktop and a Samsung tablet with 60,000 notes and counting,  and it doesn;t seem so bad to me...

• Level 5*
Just now, BooksBullets said:

When I initiate a Search function the system returns a list of every note and notebook on file. Plus some message about not having permission to see "random name" notebook.

Ah.  Problem with that last release,  discussed in the Forums about a zillion times already - fix coming in the next few days (we're told),  meantime if at first your search doesn't succeed,  try it again - they mostly work the second time.  But search,  then filter (if you use filters).

• Level 5

You have very specific demands. „Sort by location“ for example is nearly no issue in the forum (you can search it to check).

What does it mean ? Any „sort by“ means the database needs another index. Add index on index, and what you get is the usual bloatware.

This special index furthermore doesn’t make much sense. Location data only exist for notes created on mobile. Notes created on desktop and WebClipper notes don’t have location data. Which makes the sorting pointless.

You can search for locations, and you can save these searches for later use.