Error message: "We found more than one version of XYZ. You can view the alternate here."

Hi there my friends,

I use (only) Windows Evernote 10.58.3 on Windows 11 (fully up-to-date) on three computers. I (only) use Android Evernote 10.51.1 on a Samsung Ultra S20 and Ultra S22. Once every few days, lately, maybe once a day I get a message that I didn't get past months. When I click the link of the note mentioned, or the link of "here" nothing happens. This message appears in the Windows version:

image.thumb.png.590b44b9a9815915eaff57de9b4d0ade.png

I searched the forums and did not find this error message. If it is alreayd discussed somewhere, I'll move there with my questions. Please let me know.

Is this a known issue being worked on already, as far as peers here know? Is there a known workaround known by fellow users?

Depending on the answers and frequency I might open a support ticket.

Greetings and a smile,

Mark

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Hi Mark.  Immediate reaction is this shouldn't be happening with RTE...  I've had one of these in recent months - the link worked,  I dealt with the duplication and moved on.  Nothing recent.

On your experience - did you search for the note(s) named?  Did it/ they exist?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Hi Mark.  Immediate reaction is this shouldn't be happening with RTE...  I've had one of these in recent months - the link worked,  I dealt with the duplication and moved on.  Nothing recent.

On your experience - did you search for the note(s) named?  Did it/ they exist?

I would expect the same, with RTE this not happening. I have this message about once a day, maybe 2 days however. I did not search yet in that fashion. I just did. It only finds a single copy. Curious. Not crippling at all, but very curious.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I’ve seen this many times on the homepage specifically with the scratchpads.  I can’t say if I’ve seen it in the very latest release or not.  I had not seen it before the release of RTE.  I’ve attributed it to the note loading issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, MvdH said:

This message appears in the Windows version:

image.thumb.png.590b44b9a9815915eaff57de9b4d0ade.png

I searched the forums and did not find this error message. If it is alreayd discussed somewhere, I'll move there with my questions. Please let me know.

Is this a known issue being worked on already, as far as peers here know? Is there a known workaround known by fellow users?

Depending on the answers and frequency I might open a support ticket.

This is the standard notification of a note conflict in v. 10 (since there is no longer a Conflicting Changes notebook that is used when this occurs). I've seen it a couple of times lately--less often than I used to--and I always try to locate both versions of the note and do an eyeball comparison to see which one represents the most recent edits. This is much preferable to silently losing data, but as you and others point out, we shouldn't see it except perhaps very rarely with the RTE-enabled data structure. If it becomes frequent--once a day, say--it might be good to report it, but for just rare occasions I wouldn't add it to the pile; I'm sure the only response would be boilerplate about how to avoid conflicts.

• Thanks 1