No longer able to strikethrough or highlight text

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I have no idea if this is intended for some reason or just a bug and I'm not 100% sure when it disappeared because I very recently got a new phone and it's possible my old phone had a much older app version. But I have noticed it in my version 10. 51.1

I used to have a strikethrough and a highlight option in the app on the same "task bar" (circled in included screenshot) that has bold/italic/underscore etc. But now it isn't there any more. My current options are some AI thing, bold, italic, underscore, font, checklist and text position (not sure what this is called but you can center text or have it line up on the right side instead of the standard left). But no highlight or underscore. And I think that's really a shame because it's a feature I use very often. 

Snapchat-932375863~2.jpg

• Level 5
  • Solution

All these options are behind the Aa button, and have ever been there since v10 was launched.

Other formatting options can be reached by scrolling the little menu bar to the left, showing more buttons to the right. The 3 symbols far left don't scroll, start scrolling in the middle.

image.thumb.png.6b84a7cd8384672629c7706d088edcd0.png

IMG_80782.thumb.jpg.600548f0edcb5f9df2bb7d195302ca8d.jpg

• Level 5

It's not super-convenient, but this is how v. 10 includes all the formatting capabilities of the desktop and Web apps, which were not available in the older version (v. 8, I think). I got a new phone earlier this year, and finally was able to install v. 10. It took a minute to find where things are, but it was worth the time poking around in it. BTW, on the "front page" of the formatting tools, with the + button to insert things, the Aa, B I U, etc., if you scroll the B I U area to the right you'll find the buttons to increase/decrease indentation of paragraphs.

17 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

All these options are behind the Aa button, and have ever been there since v10 was launched.

Other formatting options can be reached by scrolling the little menu bar to the left, showing more buttons to the right. The 3 symbols far left don't scroll, start scrolling in the middle.

image.thumb.png.6b84a7cd8384672629c7706d088edcd0.png

IMG_80782.thumb.jpg.600548f0edcb5f9df2bb7d195302ca8d.jpg

Ah thank you! I could have sworn I checked this menu and didn't see it but now I double checked and it's definitely there lol. I had only scrolled to the side and that only had some more text formatting stuff. Sorry about the unnecessary post! 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Level 5

@Mark Debets, that is not the current Evernote Android app, or an older version of it either AFAICT. It looks a little like a blend of the Android app with an older version of the Evernote Web interface. I'm not familiar with the boox note 3, but I gather it is based on an older Android OS, so it will not run current Evernote apps. So honestly I'm not sure what you've got going on there. How did you install Evernote on the boox?

20 hours ago, Mark Debets said:

I'm missing the Aa button on my boox note 3. So I haven't any formatting options at all.

There is a flash of it that I saw in your video. It's right there:

image.thumb.png.b42f9e2ac35f1fb9054ca59432cca5ba.png

But for whatever reason it disappears in that same quick flash.

I'd never heard of a Boox before either. Maybe some kind of fringe Android/keyboard functionality that Evernote isn't accounting for is bugging out and hiding the toolbar?

That could be. I tried all kind of keyboard settings, but for now nothing worked. I also contacted the Boox helpdesk. Hopefully they have a solution. I bought this device because it has an Android operating system. And because of its compatibility with Evernote.

• Like 1

I think it has something to do with the UI Boox is using on top of the Android OS. I tried almost every setting, but no results yet. On my android phone its working well. I wish there was a setting for putting the menu bar on top of the screen, like in my browser.

• Like 1