Skip trial - you won't be able to get back to this offer

Oh really? Then why do I get this message EVERY TIME I open Evernote on my phone? 😄 You really try hard to get me back to be a paying customer right? I must admit this constant nagging and offers work much better then the fact that I had to stop using my desktop client and choose only Android and web client. I recently cancelled my Evernote personal subscription because the price almost doubled and bugs like GBoard selected text deletion are not fixed for many years, but I begin to regret it 😄

• Level 5

@McVitas, you've been around these forums for awhile, so no need to tell you they're basically user to user, even if Evernote staff look in from time to time. If the theory is, "Well of course Evernote staff will see this," to me that's like standing in the middle of a grocery store and shouting at the manager. Eventually, he may show up. Your problem will not have been solved in the meantime, but you will have succeeded in annoying your fellow customers.

• Like 2

Sorry, but this is just a rant. I don't expect anyone to even think about fixing this, because this is nothing really important and the paying customers don't experience this. I just don't like lies so when it tells me that I won't get that offer again when I close it now, but it opens every time again anyway, I find it mildly insulting...

• Like 2

The tactics are quite simply disrespectful.

1. Double the price with the words "Hi, Federico here.."  (..upon which any self respecting individual will "leave the room", thus I cancelled)
  2. Interrupt the [previously paying long-time customer since 2008] with a screenshot telling him to start trial
  3. Upon hitting "skip", telling the customer that's his last chance (..lying about this too, as has been reported)
  4. And then smacking the customer once again if they relent to the trial with the trial being only for a week. Showing this only after selection.

I don't know, whatever arguments will be said, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  :(

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 10.59.47.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 11.00.16.jpg

• Level 5

If you pay a price depends on your preferences. You can’t expect a service to stay on one and the same price level for many years. EN didn’t raise prices since 2016 (except for currency adaptions), and I have heard nobody complaining about drying out the funds the company needs to continue.

With the offer, it is very simple: Users have been complaining about too aggressive marketing. Now EN places an offer, allows for a 7 day trial to give you time to test and think it over, and simply warns that if you reject THIS specific offer, they won’t be nagging you by repeating it.

Quite respectful, I would say - but obviously they still can’t make it right for everybody.

• 3 weeks later...

I made an account specifically to look for a thread like this. The "You won't be able to get back to this offer" is laughable and is probably going to be the reason I end up switching to another note app😂. It's so desperate.