Pricing is absurd

Congrats, Evernote. You've handled this price increase so poorly that even though I'd probably be fine on the free plan, I've lost trust in your ability to make coherent product and business decisions. So I'm now migrating all of my notes elsewhere after more than a decade on your platform.

• Level 5

Wish you luck - and you know there is a difference between subjective impression and objective execution.

You have not complained when prices were flat since 2016 - maybe you should have bothered more back then than now ? Because new features were as flat as the price level, which usually is a more critical sign.

But obviously only price raises catch your attention …

• Like 2

read mainly by fellow users. It is not "OUR PLATFORM" and also not an Airport. No need to announce your departure, especially when the post is only going to be read by fellow users.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I work in tech. You’re crazy if you think product managers don’t read community forums for feedback. I’ve been in countless meetings where individual quotes from users end up on slide desks presented to executives. It’s sad to see a once strong app fall so far. The UI looks outdated, the app is slow, and technical glitches aren’t uncommon.

I’m really curious about these Evernote mega fans who spend their free time defending the company tooth and nail. I’m used to seeing that on fan forums for sports teams or bands, this is my first time seeing it for a notes app. To each their own, I guess. I hope you’re getting your share of value from your devotion to this company.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
12 hours ago, Abnotes said:

Congrats, Evernote. You've handled this price increase so poorly that even though I'd probably be fine on the free plan, I've lost trust in your ability to make coherent product and business decisions. So I'm now migrating all of my notes elsewhere after more than a decade on your platform.

1 hour ago, Abnotes said:

I work in tech. You’re crazy if you think product managers don’t read community forums for feedback. I’ve been in countless meetings where individual quotes from users end up on slide desks presented to executives. It’s sad to see a once strong app fall so far. The UI looks outdated, the app is slow, and technical glitches aren’t uncommon.

I’m really curious about these Evernote mega fans who spend their free time defending the company tooth and nail. I’m used to seeing that on fan forums for sports teams or bands, this is my first time seeing it for a notes app. To each their own, I guess. I hope you’re getting your share of value from your devotion to this company.

These really are, and always have been, essentially user-to-user forums. Recently there's been more activity by Evernote staff here, partly because of the rollout of new features (new syncing, RTE, AI). Mostly, though, it's users talking to other users. If you really want to address Evernote directly and tell them off, you can do it here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Your public announcement will not make Evernote feel any more pain than a message to support. Frankly, your fellow users do not give ... well, anything about whether any individual uses Evernote or another platform. Yet these forums are littered with "Dear Evernote" farewell posts, as if they were the last competent sailor on the Titanic.

• Like 1

You can always skip those posts if they bother you so much. 

Also, looks like the head of product is active in this section.

Anyways, this is the end of the road for me so you can reply or not reply - makes no difference.

14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Wish you luck - and you know there is a difference between subjective impression and objective execution.

You have not complained when prices were flat since 2016 - maybe you should have bothered more back then than now ? Because new features were as flat as the price level, which usually is a more critical sign.

But obviously only price raises catch your attention …

What is "objective execution"?

Who ever objected to prices not go up??

You betcha, 85% price increase catches my attention...

I share the pain 😭

I'm also a long time user - been a bit on/off as an active user, but my account says "26 january 2011", although i'm quite sure I have used Evernote also before that. My workflow is optimized and built around Evernote, so it's very difficult and extremely time consuming to move over to other software.

However. I have canceled my subscription (Professional), so it doesn't just automatically renew. And have moved/backuped all my essential and active stuff as far it was possible.

Trying to figure out what to do.

I don't mind paying for a product I use, but at the moment i'm feeling more like trapped than a customer, and with somewhat unknown ransom.

Also find it difficult to trust the new owner's technological ability and willingness to fix problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2