Time to dump Evernote?

All of the sudden, I can no longer upload PDFs to Evernote. I think this happened during the most recent "improvement." I filled out a "support" ticket. Apparantly, "support" consists of putting the burden on me to make sure I have the most recent version. Done. Now apparantly, it is my responsibility to check with you all. And if you can't help me, there are more tasks I am responsible to carry out for an application I am paying for (fool me twice?) without the help of a human being

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Steven Paul said:

Apparantly, "support" consists of putting the burden on me to make sure I have the most recent version.

Well, each version does have new fixes so step one is ensuring you are on the latest version.  Other steps at the top include rebooting and/or reinstalling.  Not surprisingly, those steps fix many problems.  Pointing you to the forum is not terrible either since there maybe someone here that also experienced the issue and can tell you how they fixed it.  

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

The first, automated, response to a ticket does indeed suggest the very things you describe and they can often resolve an issue more directly than waiting for a first line support person.

That automated Email asks you to submit the Evernote log files for the device with the problem in reply to the automated Email to take things forward. That will take you on with the support person during the working week.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
55 minutes ago, Steven Paul said:

Trying to submit log again. What should I complete the action with? gmail?

No. Support is running on a closed system. Emails won’t reach them, unless you answer to an email send to you by support.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
5 hours ago, Steven Paul said:

All of the sudden, I can no longer upload PDFs to Evernote.... Now apparantly, it is my responsibility to check with you all.

In any case, now that you're here, can you say some more about the issue, in case someone might have a suggestion? For instance, on what kind of device is this happening (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android? Web client?) How are you attaching the PDFs: drag and drop, or through a menu? Etc.