Stop adding a shortcut to the sendto folder every time the program updates

• Level 5

Thanks for posting this in the Windows-specific forum. As I mentioned in responding to your earlier post in another forum, I actually like this. I'm sure it's not common, but for attaching files to Evernote it's ideal. Obviously if you don't want to attach files in this manner, you won't find it useful. But I'm curious why simply having the option available is a problem. I only have 9 items in my Sendto folder, and the Evernote link there only takes up about 1,200 bytes. I'm not sure I see what the problem is, but perhaps if Evernote were getting in the way of Sendto items I used more often, I might find it bothersome.

FYI, these are user-to-user forums; Evernote staff may look in, but this is not a reliable way of addressing them. To do that, you can open a support ticket at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

• Evernote Expert

Sadly, the answers you may receive are identical to the ones you've already received. 

You can ask Evernote support for an option in settings (unlikely to succeed) or live with it. There really is nothing else to suggest.

It's OK to add some shortcuts if the program is newly installed. I can delete them if I don't like them.

But I don't think it's good practice to add them every time the program upgrades. If someone likes the shortcuts, they will always be there once the program gets installed, there is no need to add them every time. But if someone doesn't like the shortcuts, he will have to delete them every time the program upgrades, considering Evernote upgrades frequently automaticly.

There is one consideration that the users may delete the shorcuts by mistake, but it's not the case for the Sendto folder. It's not easy to delete something in the Sendto folder intentionly, not to mention by mistake.

So the feature of adding a shortcut to the sendto folder every time the program updates just seems to be 0 pro and 1 con to me.