Now Entering Note EN Puts Cursor At End

I have a large GTD note.  I put new entries at the top of the note with completed things below.    With the most recent EN for iOS, when I select the GTD note, EN takes me to the end of the note so I have scroll back to top to make new GTD entry.   Can this be changed somehow as it slows me down noticeably.   

• Danno321 changed the title to Now Entering Note EN Puts Cursor At End
  • Level 5

Tried and can't reproduce this. On reopening a note it takes me someplace (couldn't make out exactly where and why), but it was definitely not the end.

You probably need to describe better what exactly you are doing which ends up with taking you to the end of the note.

5 hours ago, Danno321 said:

I have a large GTD note.  I put new entries at the top of the note with completed things below.    With the most recent EN for iOS, when I select the GTD note, EN takes me to the end of the note so I have scroll back to top to make new GTD entry.   Can this be changed somehow as it slows me down noticeably.   

On windows,  no need to scroll,  just ctrl home to jump directly to the top...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I'm seeing this all the time in the Android app, but oddly not in the Windows or Web client. Latest from support on the ticket I submitted WRT the problem in Android: "Our development team is aware of this issue and hopes to have it resolved soon. I don’t currently have an exact timeline for when this will be addressed, but please know this is a priority for us to resolve as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for any updates and feel free to follow up with me if you continue to see this issue after the next few updates." This is standard boilerplate, but it does indicate that they are working on it with some urgency.

I'm also having this issue on both Android and Windows Desktop clients after the last update.  A real pain in longer notes as in past versions of Evernote, the cursor always placed itself in the body of an existing note at the TOP - hence, I learned from experience to do dated note entries (like log entries) in reverse chronological order with the newest entry at the top, so I have years of notes in that format.  Hopefully, the issue can be addressed in future fixes allowing users to choose the default setting for this as they prefer.