Cannot edit text in HTML frame

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

• Solution
5 minutes ago, robe070 said:

I cannot edit text in an HTML frame. How do I do this?

Click on the grey bar at the top of the frame. Click the magic wand symbol. You can't edit an unsimplified form of the html.

image.png.5471b908df3422a1aedafb04317887eb.png

• Level 5
8 hours ago, robe070 said:

10.56.9-win-ddl-public (4080)
Editor: v168.1.20898
Service: v1.68.4

Since the upgrade to this new UI, I cannot edit text in an HTML frame. How do I do this?

Text in an HTML frame in Evernote 10 has never been editable. Various comments/complaints/rants can be found in these forums. Is this your initial upgrade from Evernote 6 to v. 10? If so, basically it is what it is. As @Mike P says, there's a tool to make it all editable, but "simplified" means it doesn't retain the original formatting. The options are (1) keep it as is for formatting; (2) convert to editable text with the "magic wand"; (3) duplicate the note, convert to editable in one copy, then re-merge the notes to have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I'm not sure why the treatment of HTML notes (for instance, Web clips or notes created from emails) was changed in v. 10, although it does allow the easy retention of formatting from a Web page, including fonts, etc., which as I recall was not always the case in v. 6 and older.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

V10 uses containers for all content it can’t handle directly. It handles text directly, and this explains why HTML-clips containing all sort of content can’t be edited directly. They are living inside of a container. This makes it easier as well to handle the very complex content of todays websites. If you only need to display it, you can keep closer to the original.

By simplifying the container is removed. Now the text is directly available for editing.

If you want to preserve the original web clip as well, you can duplicate the note first. Then simplify one of the copies, and keep the other.

• Like 1