Please help me login

I want to login to my evernote account on the web so I can access my billing information. When I try to login, it goes to a page where the only option is login via Google. I don't use  Google logins. I just have a traditional account with a username and password. There is no place in this form where I can enter an account emal and password (or at least I can't find one.) I read the help topics, and it says I don't have to use a Google account, but how can I use my non-Google account?

Also, when I tried to ask this question, I found most of the topics greyed out. I couldn't choose a topic that was specific to account help, even though one was listed. Why can't I do that?

Also when I tried to figure out where I could get help with this problem, I was told to login for additional help. Obviously, I can't do that and requiring me to login for help with login is just so frustrating...

Screenshot 2023-05-01 105942.png

To the best of my recollection, I have a personal account. To the best of my recollection, I normall access my account via a username and password. It's been a very long timne since I have logged in or even thought about it. How can I verify these things?

I usually use the Evernote application. I wanted to see my account billing information, and I could not find that in the application, so I tried to login through the website. I think I pay an annual subscription, but I'm not entirely certain about that.

• Evernote Expert

I can't help your memory ;) Mine has become a forgetery

If you are on a Free plan then there are limitations on the number of connections you can make to your account.

If you can still access Evernote via the desktop application you can discover which plan you are on fairly easily. Click on the photo or initials at the top of the sidebar it should tell you your status.

Meanwhile, in your browser remove all cookies and cache content for evernote.com

Now return to your desktop application. Click the settings icon and select Personal Info. That should take you the web information you require.

OK, I too am having some trouible with the "foregttery". Also with the "can't find it even though it's right in front of my face" syndrome! The Evernote app does have a link to my "Account info...". So that works and thanks for pointing it out.

I have a "Personal" account that I pay for anually. 

Also, I did go to my browser and remove all cookies and cache content.

Still, most of the functions in the menu I reach by clicking "Account info" in the app lead to a login box that I can't use. The ones called "Profile", "Security summary", "Connected services", and "Account status" all bring up the same login box that only seems to work for Google users. For some strange reason, the one called "Personal settings" brings up a login box which allows for a username and password style login. So how can I access these other functions?

Screenshot 2023-05-01 105942.png

• Level 5

First of all, it would be a good idea to obscure your email address--these are pretty public forums, and such things can be stolen. Here's what I see when I want to go to my Profile:

image.png.f1ff99d17797ef1bbc95948a21ef5cfc.png

So same thing, except for the text-entry box instead of the Google link. It's weird (perhaps related to a .edu email??), and you may need to contact Evernote support for a solution: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

• Like 1

Many thanks to everyone who helped on this. I ended up contacting Evernote support on the issue, and I'm glad I did. The solution involved temporarily switching my Google account to one that was associated with my former employer so that I could change Evernote settings to NOT use the Google login process. Luckily, my former employer (a university) still allows me to login to their system so that was possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Allowing multiple sign-in methods wasn't really the problem. The problem was that I couldn't choose my method on the form. I made a choice four or more years ago when I worked at the university. Now, 4+ years later, that choice is no longer appropriate, but I couldn't change it. Why not give me a form that allows for either type of sign-in?

• Level 5

That does make sense. I didn't mean to be criticizing your procedure--I was actually thinking of my own case; sorry for poor wording. There's a feedback link under your account info in the top left of the Evernote screen; you can make your case there, but in my experience they don't actually respond to those, though they may take them into account. Also, go Badgers!