Unknown access in access history also got mail for login

Hi all,

Today I got mail that I have access my account from Kerala, Indonesia, Morocco. 

I have changed my password now. 

Did anybody got the same ?

Attached the screenshot of access history 1st one is mine. I have not used evernote from 3+ yearsScreenshot_2023-05-01-12-54-04-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b122.thumb.jpg.c496fa27e52cfb81f2cd970070253a16.jpg

• Level 5

Sure there may have been a data breach - on your individual account, using your logging credentials. We had more of it over the years.

There is a service collecting data from breaches that is circulating in the darknet. Anybody can go there and check it out. They won’t cover all breaches, but a good share of them. They even tell from where the data originated. Now I share a secret: Data originating from EN is not among them.

www.haveibeenpwned.com

What it means: If you have the habit to reuse or only slightly modify your passwords, or use weak ones, you are all in. The bad guys buy the login data on the darknet. Knowing people don’t handle login data as they should, they then try them on a number of accounts. And sometimes, as in your case, they get lucky. Don’t play the blame game - it was yourself who enabled it.

You better learn from this event - or be assured there will be „a next time“.