constant state of syncing and can not create a trouble ticket

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

this has been going on for at least 2 weeks. My desktop app on windows 10 is constantly showing status as syncing in progress. Notes are not update on web version. I can not create a trouble ticket because though I log in, it tells me I have logged out when I click to do a ticket. I am a premium user, with evernote since 2011. I have 14K notes and I am getting very frustrated and also afraid that I will lose everything. Please can someone help me!!!!

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a public user forum,  so please delete your email address (and some extra spaces!) from your post to avoid spam.  We're mainly users here,  so you do need to find a way to contact Support - though you might like to sign into your account via a desktop browser at Evernote.com and check that all your notes are available.  If you are up to date there,  just endtask your current Windows operation,  uninstall Evernote and reinstall.  The constant syncing is not expected behaviour.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  That could be a problem. 

You mentioned the app is constantly syncing - do you still have access to the account and the Settings options (top left of the screen)?  If so,  and you can see "keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out" is ticked in the Settings window,  you should be able to exit the app from the File menu. 

If you do that and power the desktop off and back on again,  then re-open Evernote,  things might work normally.

Even if you don't have access to Settings,  it's possible the same thing will work - but bear in mind I'm another user;  you'd be better getting hold of the Support team for their advice.

• Evernote Expert

If you have access to the notes in your desktop application then I'd suggest that the first task is to export whatever is possible.  Probably access each notebook and export then notes in an ENEX file.

At the very least export all the notes which have not synchronised to the web in the two weeks you've been experiencing the issue. The best way for that is to create a new notebook called anything you like such as unsynced notes. Then move all these notes into that notebook. Finally export that notebook as an ENEX.

Once you have done that you you can fully uninstall the Evernote application confident that you have a backup of the unsynced notes.

Do the uninstall using a free program called Revo Uninstaller (for Windows).  Revo Uninstaller will ensure that the corrupted program files are fully removed.  Now, download the latest Evernote program from https://evernote.com/download  Install it and let the program rebuild your data from the cloud.  Assuming that works then you can reinstall the unsynced notes using a File Import.

That won't fix your login challenges with support but should get you going again.@evernotehelps on Twitter may be your only means of contacting support if you cannot login or possibly a chat session if you are trying during Evernote office hours.

• Like 2