How do I make an image the primary one that shows up in the sidebar?

I'm using Evernote to inventory my craft supplies. When I start a Note I put an image of the product under the title. I then attach images of ways I've used or ideas for that product under the product image. The secondary image is what shows in the sidebar. How do I make the product image stay as the sidebar image?

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.59.21 AM.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi,  There is a VERY long discussion of this in the Forums.  Briefly:  you don't have a choice of images,  but by maybe having your preferred image in one note and linking to any related images in another you could create an 'index' of preferred images by searching for an appropriate tag.

2 hours ago, bjstart said:

I'm using Evernote to inventory my craft supplies. When I start a Note I put an image of the product under the title. I then attach images of ways I've used or ideas for that product under the product image. The secondary image is what shows in the sidebar. How do I make the product image stay as the sidebar image?

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.59.21 AM.jpg

It's hard to be definitive about which image EN will choose to be the image in the snippet view. The rules seem to change. In my experience, at the moment EN will  chose the biggest (as measured by actual file size) to be the snippet icon. So, if I create a note with an image, it will obviously use that image. If I add a bigger image, it will update to that bigger image. If, on the other hand, I add a smaller image, there is no change. A complication with all of this is that there is a significant time lag between making the change and the snippet image updating.

• Like 2

By the way, if you are using Evernote mainly for your described purpose and are not too deeply into it yet, you could consider switching to another note taking app for this use case. Maybe take a look at Nimbus Note. They have this simple feature Evernote refuses to add for ages.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your responses. Based on your answers, I think I may want another note taking app. Unfortunately I have got a ton of hours into this one. Is there another app that I am able to transfer my notes and tags to? I'm very frustrated with myself for not looking into this more carefully. :(