2 tasks will not delete

I have two tasks dated from May ‘22 which are greyed out on my iPhone but show as not done. I am unable to action the tasks or can I delete them. I have deleted and reinstalled the iPhone app but the two tasks reappear once I log in. The same two tasks do not show on the iPad, web or Mac apps.

Any suggestions as to how to remove them?

IMG_0042.png

1 hour ago, Neil Maxfield said:

I've seen this before. Logging out and back in was enough to fix it, didn't even need to uninstall. However in my instance it was an android device 

Tried that too. No luck

• Level 5

Usually logging out, or uninstalling must do the job, because it eliminates all data from the iPhone. Everything that get's loaded again later is a fresh copy from the server.

You can try this - follow every step thoroughly, if you want it to work:

Open the EN app on the iPhone, log out of your account.

Uninstall the app from the iPhone. Make sure it's gone, not only pushed back to the App Library.

Now make a forced restart of the iPhone:  https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

After the restart is done, open the iPhone, go to the App Store and download the EN client. Log In. Are the tasks gone by now ?

Yes ? OK

No ? Then you need to come back. In this case the tasks ARE on the cloud server, if you see them or not. The forced restart really wipes all residue of data from the iPhone. This means when the tasks come back, they were downloaded when you installed and opened EN after the purging.

• Level 5

No idea. The iPhone gets all data from the web - in theory after purging all local data nothing can show on the iPhone app that is not on the web. Have you checked for the note in which the tasks are nested ?

Last exit: Support ticket (only for subscribers).

Just noticed that both are showing ‘Note Unavailable’. I would have thought that if a notebook (that has an imbedded task) is deleted, then the task would be deleted too.

My deleted folder is empty so no chance of restoring the note.

IMG_0383.jpeg

• Level 5

Well, that takes another option off the table. We had „zombified“ notes in the past when notes were deleted before the sharing was undone.

To me this looks like a data error on the server, somehow, somewhere. It probably can’t be solved without an intervention there. The only way AFAIK is to go through support.