Price Increase

• Level 5
16 hours ago, Eakinsjc said:

I have just learned my subscription is increasing from €29.99 to €43.99 , an increase of nearly 47% - I consider this a ridiculous amount and will be immediately looking for an alternative to Evernote.

Welcome to the forums. If you search around, you'll find there are a number of threads on this topic. Among other opinions expressed (by me and one or two others) is the thought that Evernote was underpriced for a few years, and that they would have done better to have increased prices a little at a time rather than so drastically all at once. I do wonder (but I don't have any reason to think it's true) whether the price increases were part of the deal with Bending Spoons to recover some of what they must have had to borrow to buy Evernote. If so (a big if), again not well thought through IMHO.

Out of curiosity what plan are you on? I assume it is one of the "grandfathered" older plans. I just checked, and my Professional plan will still renew at $100, although new ones are $110.

• Level 5
On 2/3/2023 at 2:54 AM, Eakinsjc said:

I have just learned my subscription is increasing from €29.99 to €43.99 , an increase of nearly 47% - I consider this a ridiculous amount and will be immediately looking for an alternative to Evernote. 

When I take your price, you have been on a grandfathered, discontinued plan for a long time.

I think it was ridiculous that EN allowed you to stay on that cheap footing, instead of telling you right away that your plan is obsolete, and it is up or out when the next renewal is due.

Really ?

No, in fact I don't care, and if they decided that existing plan users can continue, so be it. But who did ever tell you the price level will stay infinitely at the same fix sum ?  It has been there for years now - everything else got more expensive meanwhile. In fact all plans will be raised (which is nothing to be happy about), so you will even on a higher level continue to be on a cheap plan.

Know what: If you don't find enough value in what you get, every nickel is one too much. So in this case, pack up and leave.

• Like 1