Make "Notes view" a Home widget

boneycur
Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Idea

I'd love to be able to land here (see image) when I open Evernote or when I click the Home button in the left column...without having to scroll down to the Notes button in the left column or to click the Notes button in the default widget. It's a small thing, but it's basically the default view I saw for 11 years as an Evernote legacy user, and it's much more productivity oriented for me than any of the current Home widgets.

Is there a way to accomplish this with EN10?

image.thumb.png.79f147bae1c82d7ac44bb094372e2f16.png

4 replies to this idea

• Solution
11 hours ago, boneycur said:

without having to scroll down to the Notes button in the left column

The keyboard shortcut for "Notes" is Alt+Ctrl+2. No scrolling involved. It will work if you are on the homescreen or anywhere else within EN.

The home screen adds no value for me so I have chosen the "Resume where I left off" option in settings and then use the shortcut to get to "Notes" if required.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mike P said:

The keyboard shortcut for "Notes" is Alt+Ctrl+2. No scrolling involved. It will work if you are on the homescreen or anywhere else within EN.

I was already using the "Resume where I left off" option, but this is very helpful to know. Thanks!

Still, it would be nice to have the Notes view as a Home widget option to avoid having to know and remember this shortcut. Seems like a simple thing to provide long-time, loyal users who were happy with the pre-Home screen legacy layout. That's the kind of user-friendly thing that widgets are for! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, boneycur said:

I was already using the "Resume where I left off" option, but this is very helpful to know. Thanks!

Still, it would be nice to have the Notes view as a Home widget option to avoid having to know and remember this shortcut. Seems like a simple thing to provide long-time, loyal users who were happy with the pre-Home screen legacy layout. That's the kind of user-friendly thing that widgets are for! 🙂

On my Home page, I have a widget that appears to be part of the default setup (see below). If you don't see it, it's available (title "NOTES") in the Customize dialog. Besides Recent and Suggested, the word NOTES with the green arrow is a live link to the complete list of notes. In case it helps.

image.thumb.png.f8358b0e26da3884025d2abdc573a110.png

• Like 1