Problem with copying and pasting image from one Note to another resulting in "Unable to render this type of image" message

D.Patrick

Idea

I utilize Evernote on Mac, Windows, Android, and the web. All applications are updated to the most recent version. I have experienced the following issue for months and it is repeatable. Despite extensive troubleshooting and research online I have not been able to find a resolution. When I attach an image to a note (applies to both jpg and png formats), and then copy the surrounding text and image from that note to the clipboard, and then paste the clipboard contents into another note, the image shows a "Unable to render this type of image" error message. Although I am able to open/view the image and download the image, I can't see the image in the note and only see a link with the error message (see attached image).

I opened a ticket with Evernote support and was told "this issue is one that our engineering team is aware of and they're working to implement a fix. I don't have an exact timeline there, but please know it's on the way."

Has anyone figured out a way to resolve this issue? This is incredibly frustrating and impacts my workflow with Evernote. 

image1.png

9 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

It is a known issue.  The only workaround in a desktop app is to copy the image to, say, the desktop then import into the new note from the desktop.

Not a solution but it seems to work.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, agsteele said:

It is a known issue.  The only workaround in a desktop app is to copy the image to, say, the desktop then import into the new note from the desktop.

Not a solution but it seems to work.

Thanks for the input! Fingers crossed they eventually get it resolved. 

• Level 5
24 minutes ago, acpitt said:

What are the paying you at evernote these days, to offer absolutely nothing?  Evernote and everyone who works there are a bunch of lazy retards. Does that violate the code as well? 

Of course it does, and will be reported. To understand how little you're accomplishing here, please see my replies to your other two threads on the exact same subject.

• Level 5

Offer what? You didn't ask for anything. You came in yelling insults at people who aren't here, and then turned to abusing people who are. Nevertheless, I will offer this (as I did in one of your other TOS-violating multiple posts): if you want to tell Evernote what you think of them, contact support, since you are paying them for the right to do so. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I should let @PinkElephant speak for himself, but I can tell you he is not PC. He is Mac all the way. ;)

Evernote legacy could perfectly copy any text with image to a note.

So a word doc, or an e-mail with text and images could copy perfectly to Evernote with all text and images intact.

I understand lots of people are frustrated and unhappy!

Now even Everrnote Legacy does not sync anymore :(

Why is this CRUCIAL function of copy/paste text with images not restored ? Instead of focusing on useless AI functions, just give back this BASIC function, then your price increases would maybe stop people from being massively frustrated.

When will the function to copy external text from Word or Outlook with images be restored ?

It is not efficiënt to download 30 images from a text, and upload them one by one (this is back to the STone Age).

Thank you !

• Sad 1

I'm still having this issue with my Evernote for MAC !!!

I had to give up to the legacy version because is not working anymore.

Did anyone had a recent answer from EVERNOTE developing team explaining why this issue is still there?