IFTTT - Evernote service is paused

msucorey

Idea

8 replies to this idea

Good to know we're not the only ones ... The problem is NOT with Evernote but with IFTTT. Since we have a pro subscription with IFTTT, I was able to submit a support ticket. IFTTT apparently doesn't work on weekends, so we'll have to wait until the start of the week.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Roberto Jody said:

Good to know we're not the only ones ... The problem is NOT with Evernote but with IFTTT. Since we have a pro subscription with IFTTT, I was able to submit a support ticket. IFTTT apparently doesn't work on weekends, so we'll have to wait until the start of the week.

That's interesting; how did you verify it's not Evernote?  

FYI, as a workaround, I changed my IFTTT applet to use the same trigger, but send an email with the content via my gmail.  The downside there is I get all those "sent" emails in gmail which I will add a rule to delete.  You can send an email to any notebook so I can still route things where I want them to go.

• Thanks 1

No good news :( Here's the answer we just got, which doesn't really explain what's going on ... or say what's causing the "high error rates for the Evernote service"...

Thanks for your message.

Our logs show high error rates for the Evernote service, and it was temporarily paused to prevent Applets from becoming disconnected due to too many failed attempts to run. You can read more about paused services here. The service will be unpaused and should resume functioning normally once the issue causing these errors has been resolved.

I don't have an exact timeline on when Evernote will be available again but the team here is investigating and we'll update you on this thread once we have some additional information. If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

TTThanks,

I received the same message as Roberto Jody. It does indicate the issue is on IFTTT's radar.

From IFTTT: 
If a service on IFTTT is experiencing high error rates it may be temporarily paused to prevent Applets from becoming disconnected due to too many failed attempts to run. You can read more about paused services here. The service will be unpaused and should resume functioning normally once the issue causing these errors has been resolved.

I don't have an exact timeline on when Evernote will be available again but the team here is investigating and we'll update you on this thread once we have some additional information. If you have any additional questions please let us know!