Weird problem with the new note linking feature (Evernote 10.50.10) (lost in orginal note)

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Good day, 

I've got a weird problem with the new note liking feature, I will try to be more clearly as possible. 

1. I create "Note A" write stuff on that  

2. I want to link "Note B" with "Note A" with the new link feature, it's work, I'm able to link the Note B with the "preview" setting, all good

3. Finish to write stuff on "Note A" and for testing, I open the link for "Note B"...great it's working...

But here's the trouble...

If I want to return to "Note A" nothing happen, my note doesn't show up and I got a endless loading circle. 

The only way to stop this is the classic close / open Evernote and once open, I almost lost all content from my "Note A" (Only 2 first sentence was survived)

Thanks and have a nice day

• Level 5*

Hi.  How exactly did you create the link between notes?  I created Notes A & B,  then dragged note A from the side bar onto B to create a link.  I can jump from Note B to Note A,  but there's no return link.  I dragged Note B from the sidebar to create a return link and now I can jump happily between the two.

Hi Gazumped,

I create the link with from the new feature of 10.50 version.

From add menu of my note A, I choose add a note link, a Window shown all my notebooks and chose my note B

It's under this circonstances I got this error

Thanks for your time and help

• Like 1
  • Level 5
15 hours ago, BonskY said:

Good day, 

I've got a weird problem with the new note liking feature, I will try to be more clearly as possible. 

1. I create "Note A" write stuff on that  

2. I want to link "Note B" with "Note A" with the new link feature, it's work, I'm able to link the Note B with the "preview" setting, all good

3. Finish to write stuff on "Note A" and for testing, I open the link for "Note B"...great it's working...

But here's the trouble...

If I want to return to "Note A" nothing happen, my note doesn't show up and I got a endless loading circle. 

The only way to stop this is the classic close / open Evernote and once open, I almost lost all content from my "Note A" (Only 2 first sentence was survived)

Thanks and have a nice day

I just tested this, following the procedure that you have outlined, and my "Note A" is just fine. Does this happen to you every time? If it only happened once, or only happens sporadically, it may be a random connection/syncing issue.

• Like 1
On 12/19/2022 at 3:46 AM, agsteele said:

It could also be some local data corruption. I'd rebuild my local data and see if that resolved the issue.

Thanks for your suggestion agsteele , You're right, I uninstall Evernote, clear my database and reinstall , and it seem fixed 

Sometime my Evernote need some fresh restart. 

Thanks everyone for your help.

• Like 3