Excel Notes

Go to solution Solved by Boot17,

I updated Evernote today and suddenly I cannot access an Excel Note. I have kept all my passwords in an Excel sheet for the past few years. Works well for me. Today I cannot access my excel spreadsheet with all my passwords unless I upgrade for $12 per month. I am livid and will never use Evernote again. Please tell me I have made some mistake and this is not true!

Hi

All devices, OS on my iphone and Windows on my computer. Latest version and update. Yes a subscriber (Evernote plus, $80 per year). Excel spreadsheet with my passwords obscured on all devices by this:

Unlock this view and more

View Excel and CSV files directly in your notes.

Upgrade

Upgrade costs $11.99 per month. Never had a problem until the latest update. I have managed to email the excel spreadsheet to myself and now I am switching to Joplin (very easy to import Evernote notebooks). This is so wrong in so many ways!

• Solution
21 minutes ago, bcaldoc said:

Never had a problem until the latest update. I have managed to email the excel spreadsheet to myself and now I am switching to Joplin (very easy to import Evernote notebooks). This is so wrong in so many ways!

This is just a misunderstanding.

Viewing an excel spreadsheet in-line in a note (like you can view a PDF and images inline) has only just recently been added as a new feature to the Evernote Professional level subscription. You've never been able to view a spreadsheet inline before.

You can still attach an excel spreadsheet to a note and open it with Excel just like you've always been able to.

Release notes from: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061990413-Previous-release-notes-for-Evernote-for-Windows

image.png.2591b082da251e9c7e73974a62636df6.png

You just need to change the view type from 'Preview' to 'Title'

image.png.9258067d951fa19174e370a5c9d61445.png

And then you get this:

image.png.4faab73bd773c1efd24b7dc98604dfde.png

• Like 1

Ok thanks and phew! I was horrified to see that I could not read my spreadsheet. Passwords are vital! It would be nice to be able to change it in Evernote but I am sure not going to pay $12 per month to be able to do that.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks bcaldoc but that's not really the point. 

The "Unlock this view" screen is an annoying advertisement and disrespectful for users such as myself who have been supporting the product for many many years.

It has confused some of my co workers who have thought that they cannot proceed with work we are engaged in.

I fail to see why Evernote management think that this is a supportive way to work with their clients. 

Evernote should remove this advertising.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 9.19.41 am.png

• Level 5

Don‘t tell us (we couldn‘t agree more), tell EN.

Feedback drops at the desk of PM, support tickets at the support team. Both will probably listen when enough of us tell them to show these marketing geniuses the way to the exit. Just wasting oxygen while annoying users already subscribed.

I totally agree that it is annoying and unhelpful. However, as @Boot17explains above, you can change it from Preview to Title so you only need to see it once per note. Still annoying I know but it does limit the pain. It should simply default to title and  then display the advert if we try to change it to "Preview" - that seems reasonable to me, rather then having to change each attachment to Title when I add it.

• Like 4