I have a lot of pictures and screenshots attached to my notes. I can see them on iOS. On windows none are showing. 

They look like this. "Image could not be rendered properly". When I save it to my local system it does not show the image. 

image.thumb.png.90aee029f6c53f8a3b960d3f4cb4e7dd.png

I have tried logging in and out, and restarting Evernote.

Please help this is rendering evernote useless for me. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your Windows device appears not to have any software capable of opening an HEIC file.  Evernote doesn't have a built-in image editor,  it just uses whatever software is installed on the local device.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same issues. The PNG files work fine, but if I copy note content with images into a new note content, the image doesn't show the preview anymore (see my screencapture below). Even when selecting in the click menu "view as Preview" it just won't show.

gazumped, you say that the issue comes from Windows. We can't blame it on windows, because the preview DOES show in the original note. It's only when one copies note content with images into a new note that the images previews malfunction.

Any clues to how to resolve this? It is quite annoying as a user experience, because I can't see important images in my notes when I want to read them.

image.png.1e0955b072b79e7382e7efacbebd1bf7.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 11/28/2022 at 4:05 PM, dannypilot777 said:

We can't blame it on windows

Wasn't blaming Windows before - just noting that the files then were HEIC files,  which apparently were originally an Apple format;  It's not a given that your local Windows device would have something able to display that format.  If you have the same issue with PNG files,  that's a different thing.  I haven't seen anything similar (that I've been aware of).  If this the Evernote app,  or the web client?

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Wasn't blaming Windows before - just noting that the files then were HEIC files,  which apparently were originally an Apple format;  It's not a given that your local Windows device would have something able to display that format.  If you have the same issue with PNG files,  that's a different thing.  I haven't seen anything similar (that I've been aware of).  If this the Evernote app,  or the web client?

I am using the Windows desktop version.

As a developer with an intermediate level, my analysis is the following:

• The first time an image is pasted or inserted in a note, it is probably encapsulated in an image object within the DOM in a correct way, letting the preview behavior work well.
  • When copying and pasting this DOM image object from a note into a new note, the image object tries to encapsulate an already image object again (not treating it like a simple picture). The reference to the image seems to be taken into account, but the preview behavior seems to be skipped. This is where the bug is and probable fix is.

I'd be happy to get some feedback on the fixes, an happy to help if I can.

Otherwise beautiful software!

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, dannypilot777 said:

I'd be happy to get some feedback on the fixes, an happy to help if I can.

Otherwise beautiful software!

Thanks for the compliments,  but we're (mostly) not Evernote here.  Nearly all posts in the Forums tend to be from other users (including mine).  If you want to feed back to the company,  use the links in most apps or contact Support.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, myLuna said:

I have the same problem for more than a year. Is there still no solution?

Hi.  Exact details of device / OS / EN version / File types and issue please if you would like some help.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, myLuna said:

I have the same problem for more than a year. Is there still no solution?

In addition to what gazumped asked -- which "same" problem are you having because the initial OP problem (iPhone fine, Windows doesn't show) might not be the same problem as the one dannypilot777 commented about (copy and paste from one note to another on the same machine).

The OP never gave feedback, but I suspect the issue could have been what gazumped mentioned that the version of Windows they were on didn't have the ability to display an HEIC file.

• 3 months later...

I encountered this problem today when looking at a note from years ago (pre-EN v. 10). All photos were JPG's.

The work-around was to make a single change to the note body. I put the cursor at the end of a paragraph and hit space bar, then erased it. That forced the note to convert from the old format to the new format. When converting, Evernote put copies of the photos to right after the photo placeholders that display the "Image could not be rendered properly" error message. After a few minutes, and presumably a sync, the placeholders themselves are now rendered as photos, meaning that every photo appeared twice (once where the placeholder had been, and a second time immediately after the placeholder). Finally, I removed the duplicate photos that were created during the note coversion.

Edited by John in Michigan USA
clarity and typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for the workaround under the current sync.

Not sure this is related to this thread, because all other entries are predating the RTE release. This means whatever cause the issue back then, it was not caused by converting notes to the RTE sync data structure. But fine you found this workaround for now, with RTE sync.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 7/20/2023 at 8:47 PM, Tmills1402 said:

Can someone explain the workaround for noobs? I don´t quite get it yet.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:29 AM, John in Michigan USA said:

The work-around was to make a single change to the note body. I put the cursor at the end of a paragraph and hit space bar, then erased it.

A change forces the note to sync.