How to see sync status in Web version ?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hello,

I moved a bunch of notes in the Web-version form one notebook to another. Now when I try to log out, I get an error message, that I need to wait for the sync to finish.
I get these now for ~ 30 Min, so I'm wondering:
- How can I see the sync status, w/o trying to log out and see if it succeeds ?

- Can I somehow show a sort of progress bar / percentage /ETA / ... of the sync process ?

Thanks

Martin

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  If you haven't already logged out anyway,  can you check your account on another device to see if the sync has completed?  It shouldn't take long with a normal network connection,.  though if you moved a lot of files there could be lots of housekeeping to take care of.

• Level 5

The web client is not syncing in the same meaning as the other clients. It works directly on the cloud server. All other clients work on their own database, and need to sync it with the server master copy.

What may happen if you move a lot of notes around is that it takes a little until this is reflected in the server database. You can try to refresh the browser window to see the actual server status.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You can try to refresh the browser window to see the actual server status.

In my experience, that will result in the same message about changes not being fully synced. It's rare, but can cause some temporary annoyance.