Pasted images no longer appear in note

Until a few days ago, when I copied and pasted an image into an Evernote note, the image would display in the note. Now, only an attachment paperclip icon and a string of characters appears, although I haven't changed any settings. I can choose to open the image (in another application), or save it somewhere on my hard drive, but I can't get the image to appear in the note.

Does anybody know what might be going on here? 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  That's not ideal...  in each case I assume if you check in another client you can verify that the note still includes the image.  What happens if you download the attachment from that note?  Does it have a .PNG file type?  Although that filename shows in the note,  it may not be recognised as such by Evernote.

Also in all cases - where did the images come from?  Smartphone camera (which?) / web clip / scan?

-And for any subscribers;  raise this with Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - who are not us;  mostly other users here.

I had the same happen to me. I was a bit shocked for a moment, as I could not export the note to PDF etc., and was worried that the note had been corrupted. I then checked on other clients (Windows, Android, ...) and the images showed there.

Restarting the Mac client worked, and the pictures showed again.

• Like 1

I have the same problem and I discovered that it's a general problem of compatibility of using different clients. In my case all attachments added to a note on the android client (pdf, jpg, PNG) will not be shown on the note opened with windows client.

While in the other way it will work. Means if I start a new note on windows client, the added attachments are without failure on Android client and I can view them

This bug is really limiting me in my workflow

I tested on my clients... What i want to share, is that it's not limited to embedded PNG files also other attachments are affected.

Downloading the failurd attachments with the windows client and open with the windows explorer will also not help. The file is not usable.

While on the android client everything is well. I see the attachments and I can download and open them.

• Level 5

This looks like a corrupted local database on the desktop client.

You could try this:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote. Keep the app open while it downloads your notes from the server.
  • Like 2

Thank you for the responses.  Unfortunately, signing out, removing the data from my device, restart and signing back in, didn't work for me.  It's odd, but selecting text (in a Discord thread) and an image thumbnail, right-clicking and copying the selection, and pasting into Evernote results in the text being pasted, but not the image, whereas a month ago, both text and thumbnail would have been pasted.  To include the image, I have to open the image, copy, and paste it.