Trying to export my notes - Cannot sign in/out on multiple devices

I am desperate to get my notes out of Evernote so I can start using another program as Evernote has become the bane of my life!!! I have been trying fr months to export all notes but it seems they have made it impossible to do in the web version. I am not "allowed" to use the desktop because apparently I have used up my two "free" unsyncs for this month. So now I am faced with the option of actually PAYING Evernote (vomit) for a month's premium membership, just so I can get my notes and get Evernote out of my damn life. 

However - when I last unsynced, I am sure I saw a message saying that with two devices synced (web and phone) I could sign out of one (eg phone) in order to be able to sign into another. Is that not the case? Alternatively is there a  way to export my notes from the ios App? 

• Confused 1
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, EvernoteSucksForever said:

I am desperate to get my notes out of Evernote so I can start using another program as Evernote has become….

(rant goes on)

You don’t really expect an elaborate answer now ?

My mother told me the 2 most powerful words on earth: „Please …“ and „Thank you …“. To me it seems you failed on both chances simultaneously - quite a challenge, but you made it.

If you want to do a volume export, you can only do it through a desktop client. And if you are on Free and already used up your 2 unsyncs, you either will need the patience to wait for 30 days until it unlocks by itself, or purchase the unlocking key by a month of subscription.

Honestly - I don’t care what you do. Your choice of a forum name and your first post here makes any further interaction not desirable. 

• Haha 1
On 9/16/2022 at 3:17 AM, agsteele said:

There is a third party application that will do this for you without affecting the device limit. It runs on Windows, Mac or Linux (but not iOS).

Search for Evernote-backup or

Thanks for this - would have been great but unfortunately my Mac won't allow me to open the download as it's from an unknown developer 😞 Are there any workarounds to that?

On 9/16/2022 at 6:26 AM, PinkElephant said:

You don’t really expect an elaborate answer now ?

My mother told me the 2 most powerful words on earth: „Please …“ and „Thank you …“. To me it seems you failed on both chances simultaneously - quite a challenge, but you made it.

If you want to do a volume export, you can only do it through a desktop client. And if you are on Free and already used up your 2 unsyncs, you either will need the patience to wait for 30 days until it unlocks by itself, or purchase the unlocking key by a month of subscription.

Honestly - I don’t care what you do. Your choice of a forum name and your first post here makes any further interaction not desirable. 

Then.... why are you bothering to interact? Scroll on by, or go outside and get some sunshine :-0 

On 9/16/2022 at 3:10 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  There's no way to export from a mobile device, but this may help... Understanding the device limit

Thanks! Again, here Evernote very deceptive though - as you are going through the unsync process, Evernote's wording clearly implies that you will be able to use another device if you simply sign out on one of your exisitng devices. The article above makes it clear that this isn't actually the case. 

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, EvernoteSucksForever said:

Evernote very deceptive though

Not sure what wording you're referring to,  but the context (as I understand it) is that you're using a FREE service which limits your access to TWO devices - although you can swop which devices around a little.  The way around which limitation is either patience or paying - you get two swops a month,  or as a subscriber you wouldn't need to worry about it. 

Whichever way this works out for you personally,  it seems to me sensible for Evernote - who are not a charity - to impose some serious limits on free access to their services, otherwise there's no point to actually paying a membership / subscription fee.

• Evernote Expert
6 hours ago, EvernoteSucksForever said:

Thanks for this - would have been great but unfortunately my Mac won't allow me to open the download as it's from an unknown developer 😞 Are there any workarounds to that?

I'd imagine that your favourite search engine is your way forward.