after search make the cursor stay on the selected note!

McVitas

Idea

Hello so I have a journal where I type everyday what I do and things like that. Frequently I want to search something and then look "around" to see notes created around this date. I find one note, highlight it in the filtered list, then clear the search field and I would expect the list to stay on the note I just selected, but it doesn't and jumps to the beginning instead! This is quite confusing because the note is still selected and I can view and edit it's contents, but don't see it in the list because it "flew away" from the note. Please fix

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Hi @McVitas. Thanks for the suggestion. If you want to be certain that it is seen by Evernote staff then you should also submit a support ticket or use the Feedback option inside the apps. As you know these forums are user-to-user so you cannot be certain when Evernote staff will pop by.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, McVitas said:

This is quite confusing because the note is still selected and I can view and edit it's contents, but don't see it in the list because it "flew away" from the note.

Unfortunately this is another example of EN being unwilling to let you see your note in context. The other one being the view where the note list completely disappears when navigating to a note from a shortcut, recent note etc. The annoying thing in this case, is that the note is still selected in the note list - if you scroll through you will find it highlighted in blue if the focus is on the notelist. There are numerous keyboard shortucts to allow you to quickly navigate through the note list. The one that is missing is "go to current note"