Google Assistant, IFTTT and Evernote

• Level 5

Your post is not clear in its wording - I assume you want to add a text at the end of an existing note stored in your EN account, using IFTTT and Google Assistant.

No, no idea.

In general EN v10 is not supportive to automation in general. This means (and IFTTT implies it) that you need to use the API to get at your account. I think the problem here is to get at the correct note, and execute a complex operation like opening it, going to the end, adding something and saving it back again. 

Getting at a note is possible through the API - but you need to know its GUID. In the API definition changing it or adding text is not documented.

Hi there PinkElephant, yes you are correct I do want to add a text at the end of an existing note stored in my EN account, using IFTTT and Google Assistant.  This worked with v1 of Google Assistant, however I am being forced to move to v2 and it isnt working anymore... Thanks Sam

• Evernote Expert

Since this has been working until recently, this sounds, on this occasion, that Google Assistant has had a change in its API which is no longer doing what you wish.

I think you will probably need to work with IFTTT to update its interaction with the v2 Google Assistant. But expect more fun when, if ever, the Evernote API is updated.

• Level 5*

Just to note - no pun intended - that if you can send your new content by email,  there is a heading code in Evernote that will append your email to an existing note.

To add the text of an email to an existing note, put a "+" at the end of your subject line and we'll place the body of the email into the most recent note with that title.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347