Present note feature

I have searched to find if this has already been raised but I can't find a similar thread (apologies is this is a duplicate) 

Like most people COVID pandemic changes habits and the way I used Evernote. Now some normality is back I came to use a not I had written as the script for a presentation. Previously I had used the present not feature to give a clean distraction free page that I could scroll on and read the text. 

However I found that the present note feature is no longer present in the newer versions of Evernote - I am looking for suggestions of an alternative solution to that could enable a similar functionality on a iOS device. 

• Evernote Expert

You are correct that the Presentation mode has gone from v10 and we are told that this is permanent. I suspect that it wasn't widely used. I'm not sure that it ever worked in Android.

You could just set out the note with lots of line spaces and horizontal lines to divide up the note. But I don't think it would work well. 

Create a presentation from your note and attach it.

• Like 1

Than

32 minutes ago, agsteele said:

You are correct that the Presentation mode has gone from v10 and we are told that this is permanent. I suspect that it wasn't widely used. I'm not sure that it ever worked in Android.

You could just set out the note with lots of line spaces and horizontal lines to divide up the note. But I don't think it would work well. 

Create a presentation from your note and attach it.

27 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Maybe you can multi select the required notes and export these to pdf ? You can then even present without evernote if you like...

Thanks both for the suggestions 

54 minutes ago, Kiff76 said:

Than

Thanks both for the suggestions 

one more thing you probably know: if you want to show a single note distraction free (just the note without sidebars whatsoever), you may show it in a separate window. You may do that by double clicking the note in the note list or via the menu bar->notes->open in new window (screen)

Also maybe a lesser-known hidden feature, you may do a slide show within a note by selecting the start image and then clicking a second time(not a fast double click). From then on, you may traverse through all images in your note at full screen...

41 minutes ago, eric99 said:

one more thing you probably know: if you want to show a single note distraction free (just the note without sidebars whatsoever), you may show it in a separate window. You may do that by double clicking the note in the note list or via the menu bar->notes->open in new window (screen)

Also maybe a lesser-known hidden feature, you may do a slide show within a note by selecting the start image and then clicking a second time(not a fast double click). From then on, you may traverse through all images in your note at full screen...

does this work on Ipad

5 minutes ago, Kiff76 said:

does this work on Ipad

At least in Android, you can do the (manual) slide show by just a single click on one of the images. I also noticed that you may rotate your phone to landscape, whenever you like.

• Level 5

Presentation mode was a desktop client feature - never available for mobile clients.

You can still use it, if you install a legacy client on a PC or Mac. However I would not invest time to set it up - legacy will stop working one day. Your presentation modes would then be like PowerPoints the day after Microsoft disabled the program.

It is the easiest way to use a proper presentation software instead of (sorry) fumbling around with pictures. When presenting, you need all of your attention for your audience - nothing worse than being taken off focus by a technical issue.

The iPad comes preinstalled with the Keynote App. It takes a little orientation - but after preparing a few slide sets, I like it better than PowerPoint. You can even use your iPhone or Apple Watch to control the presentation while you are free to roam the stage. 

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Presentation mode was a desktop client feature - never available for mobile clients.

You can still use it, if you install a legacy client on a PC or Mac. However I would not invest time to set it up - legacy will stop working one day. Your presentation modes would then be like PowerPoints the day after Microsoft disabled the program.

It is the easiest way to use a proper presentation software instead of (sorry) fumbling around with pictures. When presenting, you need all of your attention for your audience - nothing worse than being taken off focus by a technical issue.

The iPad comes preinstalled with the Keynote App. It takes a little orientation - but after preparing a few slide sets, I like it better than PowerPoint. You can even use your iPhone or Apple Watch to control the presentation while you are free to roam the stage. 

Thanks for the info

I think the confusion here is I am not trying to present my notes, I am using my ipad as a teleprompter to provide the speaker notes that were written in a note. 

The presentation sides would be in Powerpoint / Keynote every time. it is really where the slides are presented on one laptop and you don't have the ability to see speaker notes. or where you are presenting without slides and want the script 

This is where the present note feature was very useful. 

• Level 5

You can enable the 2 screen mode on the laptop.

Only the slides go to the audience, and you have the current and the next slide on the laptop screen, plus the speaker notes.

If you use a Mac and Keynote, you can control the presentation from an iPhone. It allows to show 2 slides as well, and (I think, I never use speaker notes) you can set it up to show slide plus speaker notes as well. Not on the Watch, the screen is a little tiny.

Having a second source that synchronizes manually is IMHO too much trouble for the gain.

Since I present my own slides, for me it was a big help to see the current and the next slide - I know what I want to say, but before I sometimes missed the point where to change slides. This was solved by seeing both slides, even with animations if applied.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Here's another possibility, which I only recently discovered. Adobe Acrobat Reader has a scrolling mode. You'll likely want to go into Read or Full-screen mode from the View menu. Then do View > Page display, and be sure Enable scrolling is selected. Then Ctrl+Shift+H starts and stops scrolling; the scroll direction and speed are controlled with the up and down arrows. It takes a little practice (before your presentation!) to get fluent with it. You could (again doing some experimentation with formatting before the presentation date) export your note from Evernote to PDF and use Acrobat Reader to scroll through your script.