I just updated to Evernote for Windows v10.43.7. I quickly came to notice that under some circumstances the title bar now seems to lose focus while typing. I double checked and found that the version I was on before (v10.33.5) didn't do that.

Here's the steps to reproduce:

1. I have a large folder with >3500 notes, almost all of these have a PDF in them
2. I click on one of the notes, then on the title bar, select all (Ctrl+A) and then start typing. 

Expected behavior: I can type and type and type. And all text will go to the title bar. This is also the actual behavior in v10.33.5
Actual behavior in v10.43.7: I type a few characters, maybe 5, then the title bar will lose focus while typing. If I click into the title bar once more and continue typing, it won't lose the focus again for that note. But it does that consistently for all notes in the folder.

Perhaps this is a threading issue or something that happens after the PDF is loaded? Loading may be slow because of the PDFs and because my connection is sometimes slow. Maybe the OnLoad handler only fires after I already started typing? Just a hypothesis, though. Note that I could not reproduce the issue in folders with less notes, but these were also notes without PDFs in them...

• Level 5

I doubt that the particular notebook (rather than folder) causes a problem; I don't think Evernote loads an entire notebook's worth of notes into memory. I suspect this may have something to do with the function (introduced with v. 10.42.7) that auto-populates the title with whatever is currently the first line of your note when you click into the title bar. Others may have better suggestions, but for now, it may be best to wait a day and see if (a) it keeps happening to you and (b) if anyone else using v. 10.43.7 reports this. That version has not yet rolled out everywhere; it only just this minute became available to me when I did Help > Check for updates. I filtered for notes with PDFs, just in case that was in fact part of the problem, and tested clicking into the title bars of several of them and typing. Everything went fine, no loss of focus. If it continues to happen for you, it might be best to contact support.

As I wrote - it keeps happening consistently. This is intended to be a bug report - not a support request. For the time being, I downgraded to v10.33.5 and will check back in a couple of versions to see if this has been fixed. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks! I'm a paying user, so this link is indeed helpful for me. However, I'd be curious how you got to this link. I browsed the web page again and I can find the (imo well hidden) requests section where apparently I can browse my request history. But for the sake of it, I cannot find a button for creating a request:

image.png.0722b692b316e4f02e4c1374876f16e8.png

So how did you come up with that link? 

• Level 5

Use the mobile client, app settings, support, issue ticket …

Or go to your account page, your name top right, drop down menu, link to support ….

Usually the link should open the ticket page right away.

If it doesn‘t, search for anything. Pick any of the articles, go to the bottom of the page:

2AFF2BAF-24E5-4C2A-B9FD-C1764F3E2F12.thumb.jpeg.8b35063ea3734f9d5554a66a9b095ddc.jpeg

• Like 1