Web redirects to unwanted Russian landing page

When browsing from Bulgaria, I am redirected to Russian landing page: https://evernote.com/intl/ru which is unwanted and frustrating! 

Despite that Russians are using the Bulgarian alphabet, our languages have almost nothing in common. 

Please make Bulgaria great again, or at least remove this shameless redirection. :)

I am using Windows 10 with following regional settings:

Country or region: Bulgaria

Regional format: Bulgarian

Latest version of Chrome - please find attached

To summarize:

issue is that Evernote is redirecting to Russian  translation, when browsing from Bulgaria :(

Desired outcome: No redirection, no translation, just serve the normal original English page!

P. S. Sorry, but my Chrome is working fine and its settings are in Bulgarian

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

• Level 5*
On 8/12/2022 at 6:08 PM, Diskreten said:

When browsing

Hi.  What URL(s) are you 'browsing'?  I've not heard of any redirections in this way...  Please can you provide exactly what actions you take to generate the pop-up.  Can you give us a screen shot of the window?

• Level 5

I really like the twist „that the Russians use the Bulgarian alphabet“ 👍👍👍 

We are fellow users here in the forum, and most of us have no chance to test such a redirect. When I go via VPN to Bulgaria, and type Evernote.com, I get the usual landing page in my native German. OK, my iPad is set to German, unfortunately it would probably be close to unusable for me when set to Bulgarian.

Browser redirections can happen locally as well. So maybe check in your browser if there was a redirect entered somehow. Or try another browser, like Firefox, if the redirect happens there as well.

If it is nothing local, you probably need to contact EN support. The ticket type „Account“ is open for all users, Subscribers or Free:

🇺🇦

• Level 5
On 8/12/2022 at 1:08 PM, Diskreten said:

When browsing from Bulgaria, I am redirected to Russian landing page: https://evernote.com/intl/ru which is unwanted and frustrating! 

As @gazumped suggested, the issue could have to do with the URL being browsed. In English, at least, there is a bug in which any URL with the string "home" in it, when clicked, is redirected to the Evernote Home page. Why it would send you to the Russian landing page is not clear, though.

• Level 5

Sorry, your honor, but this HOME-Redirect bug got squeezed meanwhile. It is gone with 10.42 desktop and 10.37 mobile.

Plus here the redirect happens even before EN (web) is opening. It happens with the URL typed into the browser - and then it is altered to an undesired web location.

This is why first it should be checked if it happens as well with another browser. This would make it a network issue.

It is possible that something on the local or on the public network, or even on the EN Webserver redirects an URL to another site. I would not exclude the remote possibility that this is done by EN, but it is more likely that it happens closer to the users location.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

How do you access the internet ? Just your browser going through the router, connecting to an ISP ?

Or do you run a DNS resolver (like a Pi-Hole) on your home network ?

Have you changed the DNS resolver in your router ? Which is actually the DNS resolver entered into your router ? 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 ? Or is it the ISP who controls the DNS resolver ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Your decision if you want anybody who can check activity logs, server side issues etc. It would cost you the equivalent of a large "to go with flavor", in most countries, to subscribe for a month.

Else I can only tell you to check your browser cache, if it holds a redirect or something. Since you are the only person in this thread, and we have no similar ones in the whole forum as far as I remember, I think it may be broken - for you. This means likely the solution lies with your personal setup, not in a general problem.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have mentioned that I am using incognito mode of Chrome browser, so no issues with caching, but to be on the safe side, I have cleared the cache. 

Also, I have collected the request/response headers after typing "evernote.com" in the address bar:

Request URL: https://evernote.com/
Request Method: GET
Status Code: 302 
Remote Address: 35.190.29.187:443
Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
alt-svc: h3=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000
content-length: 32
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 00:43:14 GMT
server: Google Frontend
strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000
via: 1.1 google
x-app-server: corpab-t6lb-haproxy-zqn8/be_corpsite_gae/li_corpsite_gae
x-cloud-trace-context: 8534380f0ea3dc529bb7fa1768c90fde
x-content-type-options: nosniff
x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
:authority: evernote.com
:method: GET
:path: /
:scheme: https
accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9
accept-encoding: gzip, deflate, br
accept-language: bg
cookie: optimizelyOptOut=true
sec-ch-ua: "Not?A_Brand";v="8", "Chromium";v="108", "Google Chrome";v="108"
sec-ch-ua-mobile: ?0
sec-ch-ua-platform: "Windows"
sec-fetch-dest: document
sec-fetch-mode: navigate
sec-fetch-site: none
sec-fetch-user: ?1
upgrade-insecure-requests: 1
user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36