No Longer Able to Scroll Down

I don't know what happened but within the last 12 hours, I lost the ability to scroll down in any of my notes on both my iPad and my iPhone. I can't make any edits to my text notes and can't scroll down on my picture posts. It just seems to freeze in place and I can't scroll to the bottom of my note to make edits. 

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I restarted my phone, I tried everything and it won't work. 

I don't know what to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am experiencing the same issue and also logged out of my account on my iPhone, restarted and then logged back in to the Evernote app.  Still not able to scroll in my notes.  I was able to scroll down yesterday, but as of today I am not (Aug 9th).

I'm also having the exact same issue - I cannot scroll using iPhone. I also have the latest version of the app, and logging in and out doesn't do anything. I'm dead in the water and cannot use the app.

Meltdown...signed out in EN iOS then logged back in.  Only see old notes now from June and before.  WTF is going on?   It has to be server issue.   Wait...it loaded newer notes.   Still cannot scroll.   

Update: cannot even enter a tech ticket as support website not working.   Just a mess.  

Exact same issue.  Can’t scroll on any of my notes. Very frustrating. Tried reinstalling app and restarted my iPhone. No success. Running latest iOS and Evernote 10.37.1. Server issue? Pls fix! 

5 hours ago, trinity_storm said:

I don't know what happened but within the last 12 hours, I lost the ability to scroll down in any of my notes on both my iPad and my iPhone. I can't make any edits to my text notes and can't scroll down on my picture posts. It just seems to freeze in place and I can't scroll to the bottom of my note to make edits. 

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I restarted my phone, I tried everything and it won't work. 

I don't know what to do.

Same here! No idea 😞

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports. This is definitely not expected behavior and our developers are now aware and working on a fix. We hope to have this fixed as quickly as possible. 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Danno321 said:

Using macOS Safari and still do not see on Support Portal an option to enter a ticket.   Anyone else having this problem?

Unless you also have scrolling problems,  you've hijacked someone else's thread on a different topic.  Please post a separate query.

I’m having the same issue on a new iPad 9th generation running iOS 15.6 and the latest version of Evernote app. I too put in a help ticket. The problem started yesterday and sill continues today on all notes. Web Evernote through Safari scrolls fine as does Evernote app on an old iPad Pro 9.7 first generation running iOS 15.3.1 and my iPad Mini 4 running 13.1.2. I too have tried reinstalling and re-signing in and doing a hard restart of the iPad. Still not scrolling.

Quick follow-up,

Our developers were able to pinpoint the cause of the problem and have released a service fix. That service fix could take up to 12 hours to reach your device. Reinstalling the application would get those changes to your device faster so if anyone is willing, please reinstall the application on your iOS devices to confirm. 

Below are the reinstall steps we recommend:

Before reinstalling Evernote for iOS, make sure to copy the contents of any unsynced notes somewhere outside of the Evernote app. Any unsynced notes (notes marked by green corners) and photos are deleted when you reinstall Evernote. To save any unsynced photos, open the photo, tap the Share button (box with upward arrow) and select Save Image.

Then follow these steps:

1. From the home screen, tap and hold the Evernote icon until it starts to jiggle
  2. Tap X, then Delete
  3. Restart your iOS device
  4. Download Evernote from the App Store

Let me know if you continue to encounter scrolling issues even after reinstalling and I'll try my best to continue to assist. 

• Guest pinned this topic

The issue is solved for me on my iPhone. I didn´t do anything else than view the same note again now, and it scrolls OK. No reinstall or update or anything. It just started to work again.
i did a reinstall on my iPad earlier and it solved the issue as well.

So I´m a happy Evernote-user again 🙂

• Thanks 1

(Latest) EN 10.62.3 on iPadPro iPadOS 17.2.

Unable to scroll (up/down) with Keyboard (external, Bluetooth pin-connector “Magic” keyboard).

Keyboard scroll works fine with everything except  EN.

Any ideas/suggestions other than “uninstall/ reinstall/ restart”, please?

Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year, everyone! 

🙂

• Level 5

Works for me. iPad Air 5, 17.2.1, EN 10.63.3. Keyboard Logitech K380 via BT.

The usual advise applies:

Restart the iPad.

Force restart the iPad.

Log out of the app, quit the app, open, log back in.

The same, with uninstall, restart device.

The same, with uninstall and forced restart.

• Thanks 1

Dear @PinkElephant,

Your alacrity and promptness never cease to amaze!

I must confess that this instance was a case of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)- I’m sorry to have bothered you needlessly!

Nevertheless I will post “the solution” here in case it helps someone else.

Solution” 👇:

The keyboard scroll (“smooth / flowing” scroll) works only when the Note is “selected” but the “cursor” is NOT visible.

”Edit” button visible = Note is NOT selected (won’t scroll).

Cursor visible = Note “selected” but “being actively edited” (scroll bar invisible) so will scroll only “line by line” (no “smooth” scroll).

=> Click once at the edge of the Note where the scroll bar would be.
= Scroll bar appears, Cursor disappears, No “Edit” button seen.
= Keyboard scroll (“smooth/flowing” scroll) will now work.
See screenshots.

Hope this helps someone.

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

• Level 5

When the note is not selected (just showing, what‘s still selected is the middle panel, but it won‘t scroll either), no scroll.

When it is selected (cursor somewhere), it scrolls. You can even jump to the end or to the top by holding down the cmd-key when typing down- or up-arrow.

And true, the scroll bar let‘s you move through the note without typing, or swiping.

7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Works for me. iPad Air 5, 17.2.1, EN 10.63.3. Keyboard Logitech K380 via BT.

The usual advise applies:

Restart the iPad.

Force restart the iPad.

Log out of the app, quit the app, open, log back in.

The same, with uninstall, restart device.

The same, with uninstall and forced restart.

Dear @PinkElephant

How did you get EN 10.63.3- is that a Beta/Developer version or is that a typo?

(As of now, iPad App Store shows only EN10.62.3).

Thanks and regards,

N.