Can't see attachments or body text in new notes in Snippet view

If I create a new note all I can see in the snippet view is the note title, tags and the date. This is not effecting notes created in the previous version. 

Here is a direct comparison of two notes one created in 10.41 and one created in 10.42.7

image.png.d03569720c45214adf343c165222015d.png

image.png.39a642b67d694d0bc8c315e5e5e09da1.png

Is this just me or can anybody else reproduce it?

10.42.7-win-ddl-public (3561)
Editor: v154.0.18759
Service: v1.56.1
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 1

I updated just now to the latest version of Evernote on Windows -- 10.42.7-win-ddl -- and I'm experiencing the same thing as you.

In addition, it looks like my newly created Windows Evernote notes are not syncing to the server (can't see them on the Web client or other devices), but my Windows Evernote app is getting new notes created from the Mac (10.41.5-mac-ddl) and iPhone clients. I also updated some tasks in my Windows clients and those changes never made it to the server either. So it looks like it is just syncing one way to my Windows client.

I then signed out of the Windows client, and unchecked the "Keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out" and then signed back in. Now I can see the first phrases of the note in the snippet view of the first note that I created and it looks like it's syncing the note content to the server, but it doesn't look my changes to tasks in the Windows client are syncing to the server. I just see this...

image.png.5ea808cdb6e086651d62c76eca38c739.png

...on other platforms for a new task created in my Windows client and due-dates that I changed on Windows aren't propagating to the server.

Then I created another note in Windows and it's not showing any of the note text in the snippet view and not syncing the note either.

Seems like something buggy going on here.

Had an old version of 10.37 in my downloads folder. Re-installed that and it fired up and it synced all my Windows created notes, tasks (and updates), and is showing note text in the snippet view just fine.

• Like 1

Thanks @Boot17. This pretty much reflects my experience. Sync problems seem to be worse with notes with attachment. I also got some temporary relief from refreshing the database but it doesn't seem to have lasted. I'm going to revert to the previous version - this one has certainly been a train wreck for me.

Reverted to 10.41.4 after removing data and uninstalling 10.42.7. All is now well. I get thumbnails and body text in the snippet and syncing works as expected. That's the first time I have ever had to revert to an older version.

Just a word of caution to anybody doing the same thing. Make sure you export to enex any notes that have not correctly synced to the server (ie the web version) before you delete local data. I did a blanket export of all notes created when I was on 10.42.7 to be on the safe side. I can then reimport them from my hard disk.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Reverted to 10.41.4

Hey @Mike P would you mind sharing where you found the old installer?  A lot of people (I would imagine) will probably accept the update to 10.42.7 without any worries,  and if they then find issues it would be good to have a tried and tested method to jump back while things get fixed.  (I'd expect Evernote to react pretty swiftly on this,  and hopefully no further action would be necessary,  but I'd rather be ready just in case...)

• Evernote Expert

I keep the old installers rather than wait for automated update. I suspect @Mike P does the same. There are websites that store old versions.

Evernote picking this up quickly will depend on this affected reporting the problem. Those affected should open a support ticket. 

If they get enough they will probably suspend the roll out.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

This morning I set off to report the issue and now have a ticket open.  I went back to the web server and find that, overnight, some of my notes have caught up.

Holding off reverting to see what transpires...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, agsteele said:

This morning I set off to report the issue and now have a ticket open.  I went back to the web server and find that, overnight, some of my notes have caught up.

Holding off reverting to see what transpires...

I found some changes overnight but attachments were not 100% correct. Trying again this morning proved to me that the problem had definitely not resolved. Good to have somebody watching it and still using 10.42. Thanks. I know you will keep us updated.