Unable to copy the contents from shared notebook

Hi,

I have been trying to copy the contents of a shared notebook in my account. I am not able to do it for the whole notebook, so I tried doing it one note at a time.
I am not able to simple copy paste (both Ctrl+V and Ctrl + Alt +V not working) 

• (Ctrl + V) note is copied for some time, but it vanishes leaving behind just the title.
  • (Ctrl + Alt + V) sometimes work, but most of the time doesn't.

Things that I have tried (but in vain)

1. logging out, restarting
  2. checking note history (it is not there)
  3. raising a ticket (they couldn't replicate)

Notebook- ( https://www.evernote.com/pub/arvind8692/psir-1b#st=p&n=ee682ea8-60bb-4f3d-8d5c-52d02d7e42d3 )

sample note which I am trying to copy (  note )
[version: 10.40.9-win-ddl-public]

Please help.

Edited by ash15h
added links to notes, added version
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Why are you copying these notes?  Is it to move them to a notebook in your own account,  or into some sort of text or HTML document? 

I followed your notebook link and was able to browse those notes,  but I need to know what to do with them next...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I tried to open that notebook with my free account, but it did not work out. When opening it to the web, it looked "old". My assumption is that it was created with an old EN version, no idea what may apply to that version. And somehow it still shows this vintage design. Just look at this icon:

image.png.cfd33c5f9131ddaf1d753280f5f4bb35.png

I tried with a shared notebook my wife shared to me - recipes, what else. When I open it a right click on a note, I can select "Copy to ..." or duplicate. Both options work. And the new version looks completely different. 

Conclusion: The account from which the share is made seems to be set to the classic editor. EN announced to discontinue it this year, and warned it may start to malfunction. Maybe this is already the case here. The account owner should be contacted to activate the v10 editor in account settings. Maybe this will solve the many issues I see when I open the share.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Why are you copying these notes?  Is it to move them to a notebook in your own account,  or into some sort of text or HTML document? 

I followed your notebook link and was able to browse those notes,  but I need to know what to do with them next...

Hi, Thank you for replying.
Yes, I want to duplicate these notes in my account. (i.e moving them to a notebook in my own account). 

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I tried to open that notebook with my free account, but it did not work out. When opening it to the web, it looked "old". My assumption is that it was created with an old EN version, no idea what may apply to that version. And somehow it still shows this vintage design. Just look at this icon:

image.png.cfd33c5f9131ddaf1d753280f5f4bb35.png

I tried with a shared notebook my wife shared to me - recipes, what else. When I open it a right click on a note, I can select "Copy to ..." or duplicate. Both options work. And the new version looks completely different. 

Conclusion: The account from which the share is made seems to be set to the classic editor. EN announced to discontinue it this year, and warned it may start to malfunction. Maybe this is already the case here. The account owner should be contacted to activate the v10 editor in account settings. Maybe this will solve the many issues I see when I open the share.

Hi, Thanks for replying.
Yeah, it looks like a very old version. But, there is no way to contact that owner. (He made his notes public for everyone and left). Is there any other way/ workaround?? TIA

• Evernote Expert

Shared noted that have been abandoned by their owner are especially troublesome both to get rid of and to work with.

You don't say which version of Evernote you are using but I might try using the Legacy version to export or print to a PDF printer. Then reconstruct the notes in your own account. Or even just import the PDFs.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, agsteele said:

Shared noted that have been abandoned by their owner are especially troublesome both to get rid of and to work with.

You don't say which version of Evernote you are using but I might try using the Legacy version to export or print to a PDF printer. Then reconstruct the notes in your own account. Or even just import the PDFs.

Hi, will try the legacy version route. Thanks
(my version is 10.40.9-win-ddl-public )

• Level 5*

I tried playing with this in both Legacy and v10 but can't seem to do any more than copy and paste individual notes from one account to the other.  Viewers of the shared database don't seem to get any option to export notes or process them in bulk,  though the full database is available to browse freely.

• Like 1