Push Notifications

Recently I am getting almost daily push notifications from Evernote about "tips", "updates", and "marketing messages". Even though I am a paid subscriber Evernotes reply was "We are really excited about all of the new features and wanted to make sure all of our customers were introduced to them" and I can turn off push notifications to stop those alerts but then I no longer will get actual reminders I have set. My choices are get my notifications and get spammed with marketing messages ornate get my set notifications? So much for "premium". 

@PinkElephant - Are these the settings you are talking about?

image.png.b6faf573ece37799223819b191f08308.png

It seems like those are just applicable to Email... not a push notification to a mobile device.

Having said that -- @JMBTX-- I can't recall if I've *ever* gotten a push notification for what you are describing. (And I get push notifications in general for Evernote -- got one just tonight for a reminder for a task)

13 hours ago, JMBTX said:

Recently I am getting almost daily push notifications from Evernote about "tips", "updates", and "marketing messages". Even though I am a paid subscriber Evernotes reply was "We are really excited about all of the new features and wanted to make sure all of our customers were introduced to them" and I can turn off push notifications to stop those alerts but then I no longer will get actual reminders I have set. My choices are get my notifications and get spammed with marketing messages ornate get my set notifications? So much for "premium". 

You must be on iOS? On Android there are notification channels which allow users to customize which notifications they receive. If you were on Android then support should have directed you to how to use them. For example, see the screenshot below. Evernote hasn't done a good job of defining the Android notification channels and so it's not very clear what channel does what, but presumably with some experimentation it would be possible to disable the marketing messages without losing critical functionality.

Screenshot_20220519-221644_2.thumb.png.d16629c5f3f2e6cc22fca7cb98b1779d.png

• Level 5

On iOS it works differently, it does not select by type of notification.

But this is not my point here: I only know these selection in the EN account settings. Since I have all notifications ON for EN in iOS notifications, and get only the Reminders from my notes (which I want), the account settings  probably have an influence on the push notifications as well.

@JMBTX I would say: Pretty easy to set them to OFF and see whether it works.