SOLVED: Home/End keys jump to start/end of paragraph

• Level 5

I'm using the latest version of the Web app, mostly in the Edge browser on Windows 10. For the last few weeks, I've noticed that every time I press the Home key the cursor jumps, not to the beginning of the current line, but to the beginning of the current paragraph. Likewise the End key forces a jump to the end of the paragraph. This is wildly nonstandard, and makes writing and editing much more difficult. Is anyone else seeing this?

• Evernote Expert

I've been very content with the v10 Desktop application. There are a few limitations still but if you're currently working with the web version they won't be relevant to you.

• Level 5

Hmmm - for me in the web client (Safari, Mac), when I hit Home, the view jumps to the first lines of the note, and End moves the view to the last part of the note.

But the cursor is not moved at all - it stays where it has been when I pressed Home or End. 

• Level 5

Hmmm indeed. A classic case of fixing something that wasn't broken -- and now it is. @PinkElephant, per Wikipedia that behavior seems to be standard in the Mac world. In Windows, Home/End to go to beginning/end of the current line has been standard for decades, as has Ctrl+Home/End to go to beginning/end of a document (and simple Home/End in a browser to go to beginning/end of a Web page). I don't remember any software in which a simple press of Home would go to the beginning of a paragraph (unless of course the paragraph was only one line long).

• Dave-in-Decatur changed the title to SOLVED: Home/End keys jump to start/end of paragraph
  • Level 5
21 hours ago, agsteele said:

I've been very content with the v10 Desktop application. There are a few limitations still but if you're currently working with the web version they won't be relevant to you.

Thanks for this encouragement. When v. 10 first came out, it seemed so hobbled that I kept my distance. But that was a long time ago. Various life distractions have prevented me from trying it out, but I've gotten very comfortable with the Web version, which I assume the desktop version now resembles closely, and I plan to install the desktop program soon.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

which I assume the desktop version now resembles closely

Yes -- they look exactly the same and the desktop versions allow for keyboard shortcuts and opening notes in new windows too. I hope you would find yourself right at home with the Desktop version.

• Thanks 1