Problem with Evernote Web Clipper and SOME pages using Firefox

When I try to clip some pages from firefox, possibly only pages that are displaying .PDFs, I get the error shown below.

The web page where I'm running into the current error is: https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/vtrek/download/manual/dm/man_dm901_e.pdf

My version of Firefox is 98.0.2 (64-bit)

My version of Evernote is  7.21.0.351-d3994ee

It works fine when I use a different Chrome.

Any idea how I can remove that restriction so I can successfully clip with Firefox?

image.png.19b5302f0cbcd08e45bed7b56100bc2a.png

• Level 5*

When I load that page in Brave (Chrome) I get a special Evernote logo to download the PDF directly into Evernote and Clipper works fine.  Maybe check whether there are updates available for Firefox,  and use a different browser for clipping for the moment?

• Level 5

This page is simply a container for a pdf file. You can see this when you look at the „….  .pdf“ ending of the URL:

https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/vtrek/download/manual/dm/man_dm901_e.pdf

WebClipper is build to clip HTML code, not pdf files. There is that special function that creates a small EN button hovering down over the pdf, right hand side a little down the page. I think it must be activated in WebClipper settings. I found it not to be reliable, and rather use the download / sharing process.

This „site“ can be downloaded as a pdf file using the download function of any browser. I opened it on my iPad, tapped on sharing, selected Evernote, and got the pdf in a new note within seconds. Anybody can view the note here, as it was automatically created, name and everything.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s747/sh/2cc6a453-77d4-45bb-b7f6-4ebad988a918/8f9f8ab501e00822e3e803deeafaae77

I will remove the link to the note in 14 days.

• Like 1

Thank you, PE!

The problem only occurs with Firefox. I can clip the file with Chrome, without any additional steps. I've added that detail to my original post. My goal is to enable Firefox to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

For me, Firefox just downloads the pdf to my PC. Chrome opens its internal PDF viewer. I'm not able to clip the PDF in either situation. Neither would I expect to.

I think that there are settings inside the browser which adjust how the PDF is displayed. Perhaps that is the clue...

• 10 months later...
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, totalz said:

Can official Evernote support take a look?

That's not us - mostly other users here.  If you are having issues and don't subscribe,  try feedback in any app or Twitter @EvernoteHelps