Writing Notes On A Simulated Lined Sheet Of Paper.

Hi,
I bought a Simbans Picasso tablet, primarily for writing notes. I wanted to do this on a simulated lined sheet of paper.
" You might want to give ColorNote Notepad Notes a try. It supports hand-written as well as typed notes. Most importantly, it looks like a sheet of lined paper."
 I installed ColorNotes but have been told since, " I honestly never used the handwritten feature, so I thought it allowed you to enter handwritten notes. Apparently it doesn't, but it apparently does allow you to import them. "
I'd like to know if EverNote free Edition will allow me to do what I want to do?
Thanks

• Evernote Expert

The answer is probably not in a direct manner.

Evernote doesn't have a hand writing input. You can draw and capture an image of that drawing which could be hand writing but no lines.

You normally have to use an intermediate app which captures your hand writing and then deposits it into Evernote but then that typically concerts the writing into type face.

As @gazumpedsuggests, try it out free of charge. Do let us know how you get on.

• Level 5

There are several devices listed under that brand. 

Some run on Android 9, which means EN v10 will not install and run on these versions.

I found one that has Android 10 preinstalled. It should be possible to install EN on it. This still does not mean anything will sync with EN - you can only send / share the output of any notes app into an EN note. They will be static, not editable.

Personally I would use the 30 days money back guarantee. Why ? Because this device is so lowly specced, that you will hit its limitations soon.

It sports a no name, probably very weak processor. It has only 4GB of RAM. It is delivered (if I believe the website) with Android 10 - this OS is more than 2 years old, current would be Android 12. This means probably no updates, and your apps will run out of being updated soon as well.

This will in effect never make it enjoyable to use it today, and will practically brick it soon enough. They even advertise a special glove to use with a stylus - WHAT ? imagine putting on a glove every time you want to sketch something ! Modern devices (Android or iOS) have a palm detection, that reject input by the palm of the hand resting on the touch screen when drawing or writing. But OK, if you don’t have it, you put on a glove …

Get your money back, get yourself an iPad (the basic model supports the Apple Pencil gen 1, and has infinitely more power than this weird tablet). The iPad can run the Penultimate app from EN, that syncs the handwriting directly into EN. It today is running on the latest iOS 15, and will get updates for a long time to come. We just installed iOS 15.4 this week on our iPad Air 2, bought in 2014 !

Break it down in money per year used, and it will save you a lot of money.

• 7 months later...