Is "Move Note" annoying to anyone else?

Working on a note, and realize it's in the wrong notebook.
When I click on Move Note to move it to the right notebook, it disappears from the workspace, forcing me to hunt it down in the new notebook when I'd like to keep working on it.

Any workarounds?
Devs, is this something you can fix?

• Level 5

???

Which client, which version ?

When I am in a note and click the move note icon, I get a window with the notebook selection. I select the new notebook, confirm with the Move button, and the note is moved.

It stays open as before, only the notebook name has changed.

Nothing to fix !

Mac EN v10.32

I think it disappears from your 'workspace' (your filtered list of notes or notebook) because it doesn't match that list's filter criteria anymore. It seems to me that this would be the expected behavior and so there really is nothing to fix from that standpoint.

A way that you can work around that -- or rather work with it - is to first open the note in a new window (assuming you are using the Mac or Windows client) and then from the new window change it to a different notebook. It will keep your note in the new window.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Sure it does: Once a notebook is selected, this works as a filter to show only notes in THAT notebook. When you move a note out of it, it does not match the filter criteria any longer, and it "disappears" to its new location.

Nothing to fix, it does exactly what the user (you) told the app to do.

17 minutes ago, Neil D Bear said:

This happens when I have a notebook open. it keeps me in the same notebook and the note I'm working on disappears.

You can prevent this from happening by opening the note in a separate window. But when you are working in the main Evernote window and have a notebook filtered that is what will happen n

I agree completely with logic and work arounds described by the other posters. However this logic is not applied elsewhere. Consider this situation:

• Search for one specific tag
  • Create a new note. The note is pre-populated with the tag you have searched for
  • You are sent to all notes despite the fact that the new note meets the search criterion. You then have to re-search for the tag.

Creating a note in a new window is a global shortcut and does not pre-populate the note with the tag.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I agree completely with logic and work arounds described by the other posters. However this logic is not applied elsewhere. Consider this situation:

• Create a new note. The note is pre-populated with the tag you have searched for
  • You are sent to all notes despite the fact that the new note meets the search criterion. You then have to re-search for the tag.

Creating a note in a new window is a global shortcut and does not pre-populate the note with the tag.

Yeah, I don't like this tag behavior either: I prefer  that the tag selection stays active, just like a notebook selection. This way, you can create as many new notes in that tag context as you like.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

I've noticed that too. It's one place where the notebook is given precedence over the tag.

I think a similar thing is for internal app links from one note to another note. If your note list is filtered by a tag and then you click an an internal link in the current note to another note with that same tag, your tag filter is wiped out and you are dumped into the notebook for that linked note.

• Like 1