Can't change google play subscription from Premium to Personal plan - HELP!

Hello! I need some help changing from Premium to Personal subscription plan.

1. WINDOWS WEB BROWSER
If I try online with my Windows based PC using Chrome or Edge browser, and am on the evernote site, I get a it says I can upgrade to Evernote Personal Plan but when I try I get a popup that tells me since I registered with Google Play, so I need to update subscription there.

2. GOOGLE PLAY APP
If I go to Google Play and search for the Evernote App, I have no options to update. It just shows already installed

3. GOOGLE PLAY APP
If I go to manage subscriptions in Google Play, I have the option to cancel but that is it. I don't want to lose all my data and try this without support.

4. EVERNOTE APP ON ANDROID
There are no options that I can see which allow me to upgrade or change my plan. Just one that shows my current plan and it is greyed out.

When I look at the plan comparisons, it shows the Premium Plan I have offers CHAT SUPPORT as part of my subscription. If it does, it is VERY well hidden.

At the minimum if someone can help me find CHAT SUPPORT I would be most grateful.  Thanks in advance

• Level 5*
On 3/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, llamadingo said:

At the minimum if someone can help me find CHAT SUPPORT

Hi.  If you have paid through Google I don't think you can upgrade mid term - the best approach would be to allow your current contract to expire (make sure Google won't auto-renew it) and allow your account to revert to 'free' status.  (You won't lose any notes).  Then immediately upgrade from free direct with Evernote.  

As a subscriber you do have access to support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - and access to Chat (subject to time-zones) will be on those pages.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There have been reports in the forum (most last summer, when the new plans launched) that upgrading would not be possible, they would charge the full price without refunding.

From memory (no guarantees, for that ask support) it did work out in the end that 1) the full annual fee was booked, and 2) a little later the unused part of the old subscription was refunded, to the same account. You can search in the forum for threads about it - but maybe it is easier to contact support, as @gazumped has already posted.

• Like 1

So I tried the link provided. That is the same link I was trying before. There is NO "access to chat" as mentioned (attached image). It just has a dropdown and nothing happens. I tried all of the other dropdown items to tru to get a chat but it just loops me to support articles.  

My PREMIUM subscription actually ends March 21. It will auto-renew and then I will be in the same boat. The only option/path I see is to CANCEL my subscription. Then I will have to wait until the cancelation date (March 21.) It all just seems too "risky" as I have 10 years of data there. Are there any other options or is there something I am missing? any HELP would be appreciated.

Thank you

Capture.GIF

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The Support page seems to have some indigestion at the moment - I'm on 'billing and payment' but can't get past the 'how did you pay' page...  I'll report this thread so an Evernote Admin (@Shane D. ) can take a look at both your query and the page,  but do try again later,  or maybe tomorrow when (hopefully) it will be fixed.

If in the meantime you do get to the 21st and the account reverts to Free - you won't lose any access or information;  updating from there will get you back to subscription in 5 minutes or less...

• Level 5

Safari (Apple WebKit) on iOS. Usually if there are problems with websites, it will happen with Safari, because Googles Chrome tries to bend and twist web design rules to enforce access to user profiles - and Safari is pretty tough on privacy issues.