11 years of notebooks missing

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When looking at evernote on desktop and web version I do not see any of my notebooks or notes.

I have seen previous incidences when this has occurred, could someone please help me retrieve everything?

Thank you,

SD

• Level 5*

Hi.  So let's start with: what device,  OS and Evernote version are you using? Are you sure you're using the correct login details? - It's deceptively easy to start a new account without realising it.  Can you see any notes at all?  If not - sounds like you're in the wrong account;  sign out and try again.  If you can see notes - have you checked in the Trash notebook to see whether notebooks have been moved there?  (Notes are never deleted completely unless you empty the trash.)

If after all that you're still having issues,  please explain fully what you can and cannot see,  and what you've done so far to try to fix this.  Please also contact Support for their help.  

These Forums are mainly user 2 user - subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client). 

Hello again,

I have a Premium account. I did not upgrade to any of the new offerings; when I joined in March 2010, it was free or premium.

I am using Windows 10

I am able to see all my notes now on web (Chrome) and my iphone (13 with latest update). 

Yesterday, upon opening the desktop version I got the green spinning wheel that continued to spin for about 10 minutes. I closed it and tried again. I got the same result, the spinning wheel. Later in the day I opened it on desktop again and I now have only the notes that I had created in my phone earlier in the day. 

This happened about a month ago, but it quickly resolved itself. I have restarted several times without success.

Much thanks,

SD

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

If you can see the program menus at the top of the screen/windows then try File | Sign Out | Remove my Evernote data

Otherwise, the most likely solution will be a complete uninstall being sure that the Evernote data is deleted. Then reinstall, login and allow the program to rebuild your data from the cloud.